Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help for an old timer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgalla9146

Maybe one of my compatriots can save me some time.
What wire has to be moved to allow the parking lamps to be ON without
the headlamps rising ?
It's been a long time.
TIA
Rory
GregAmy
Rory, my headlight switch has two positions (detents). The first positions turns on the parking lights without raising the headlights (or turning them on)...
SirAndy
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 21 2021, 08:26 AM) *

Rory, my headlight switch has two positions (detents). The first positions turns on the parking lights without raising the headlights (or turning them on)...

agree.gif
rgalla9146
Au contraire mais amis.
Maybe only on early cars but back in the old days all the cool kids changed a wire
on the headlight switch so the parkers could be on with the headlights down.
The design (at least in Europe, I think...) was so the headlamps could be used to
flash politely.
I know I did this to my long time 914 6 years ago. Parkers on, headlights down.
My GT project (with a 6 harness) operates as described below.
Anyone remember how to do this ?
rhodyguy
The flash feature was to tell slow pokes to get out of the fast lane on the Autobahn.
76-914
When I pull the switch all the way out then push it 1/2 way back the parking lights stay on and the headlights stay opened but not lit. If I only pull the switch 1/2 out then the parking lamps stay on but the headlight's never raise. beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
OK, call the whole thing off. Failed to search before asking.
Early cars were 'parkers on, headlights up'
Search turned up the modification needed.
Search; parking lights, how do you
StarBear
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 21 2021, 01:02 PM) *

When I pull the switch all the way out then push it 1/2 way back the parking lights stay on and the headlights stay opened but not lit. If I only pull the switch 1/2 out then the parking lamps stay on but the headlight's never raise. beerchug.gif

Yep. Mine (‘74) does that.
toolguy
on the headlight switch move the gray wire from term "K" to term,"56"
barefoot
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 21 2021, 01:02 PM) *

Confirmed on my 76, however, still have to have headlights on to flash brights unless some other wiring mod is accomplished.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.