Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timing my 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MFejsa
Hi, I've recently purchased a new timing light and set to 27 degrees advanced. When I try to get revs up to 3500 rpm the lights stops to flash at around 2000rpm and when it drops down below 2000rpm it starts to flash again.

I've check all the connections and lead to number 1 cylinder connected properly.

Got a new 123iginition setup (curve no.2), new coil, new plugs, new head temp sensor.

Anyone experienced the same problem in the past? or anyone so some ideas of what it could be?

Cheers
bobboinski
You probably already know this but I didn't when I bought a new timing light. The pickup that clamps over the number 1 cylinder on my timing light has an arrow that should point to the sparkplug when clamped to the wire. Also my light has leads that plug into the bottom of the light and are unplugged for storage. They need to be plugged in firmly, mine acts weird when they are even a little loose. Good luck!
Shivers
Sounds like it is not picking up a very good signal. Make sure clamp on #1 is closing all the way over wire. Keep clamp as close to dizzy as possible. If you put on fancy wires, grab an old carbon or copper #1 wire and use it to time.
MFejsa
Thanks for the advice. Yes, your right. There is an arrow / pointer. Will give it another go and see if it works.
MFejsa
Appreciate the advice. Will swap with an old wire I cant get it to work again. Regards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.