Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outlaw Bash Drive! 11/14/21
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Come join us for a fun drive through some of norcal‘s best roads! Dan 10101 and I are going to be celebrating our birthdays in a manner only buffet in car guys. Dan is bringing his LS turbo 914 and I’ll be bringing my 1.8 turbo Audi powered 914 any and all 914 people are welcome whether you drive a 914 or not. If none of you guys are able to make it no problem we still love you all the same :-).

Schedule: 11/14/21 Sunday
9:00am - meet at Starbucks on Portola Rd in Livermore.
10:30am -Depart to The Junction for a pit stop.
11:15 arrive at The Junction for quick stretch.
11:45 depart towards Lick Observatory

12:15 arrive at Lick Observatory, have picnic lunch and enjoy view.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

What to bring!
3/4 to Full tank of gas (there’s a chevron next to Starbucks)
Lunch! Bring a lunch, There are a lot of places a couple minutes drive from Starbucks that has cold lunch options if you bring yourself a small cooler. (Subway, Panera, Denice’s Real Food Kitchen, 833 Brick Cafe, ext)
Yes we will be stopping at The Junction but they rarely have fast service and often have issues so I want to keep that off the table.
Lastly bring a smile and a coat!

What about the pace? Can I keep up with a couple of track guys in 300/600whp cars? We’re going to have a bit of fun on Mines road, which is a very tight road with a mountain typically on one side. However once we start making our trek up the mountain it’s going to get very, very twisty and those afraid of heights will need to pay attention to the road. We will keep a slow pace going up the last half of the mountain because at that point the view is better than the road. We’re both very familiar with leading or following a group drive and will make sure everyone is comfortable and having a great time.

What next? After we have our fun at Lick Observatory your on your own! Head on down the mountain towards San Jose, head back to Livermore for some wine tasting, or head back through Del Porto Canyon road for whole new adventure.
Andyrew
EDIT: 11/14/21 not 12/14/21…
tygaboy
Maybe a maiden drive for the E9... idea.gif Assuming no rain and a couple items I need to take care of. I'll let you know.
Thanks for organizing!
matthepcat
I will attend if my car is back together by then.
Andyrew
Wouldn’t be the same without either of you!

dan10101
Looking forward to this. Finally I have the car with good tires, handling great, and just a bit more power than I'll ever need. I will be taking it easy. For all out flogging, give me a track any day.
Click to view attachment
Andyrew

We’re looking at probably switching this to a more local drive so it’s easier for us as it’s looking like it’ll just be Dad and I.

I initially made it more centralized for more interest but it’s probably to late in the year for that.

If this change takes place it would mean that we would switch the drive to go up Hwy 4 to Murphys for an early lunch and then head down 120, possibly further down 49 depending on how where doing.

tygaboy
@Andyrew Andrew - Shoot, I won't be attending. The E9 needs some love before I'll be comfortable driving much outside my local area. Once it's ready, I'll be itching to get it out and about so keep us posted about other drive opportunities.
Again, sorry to miss seeing you and Dan - @Dan10101

You boys be safe out there. driving.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.