Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0 Liter 14,570 Original Miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Been following this car for 20 years and today it's finally in my garage.

1974 Porsche 914 2.0 Liter, 14,570 Original Miles. Original Paint.

They are still out there... but most like this one change hands without ever coming to market.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jett
Good for you! Great looking car and garage smile.gif!
JeffBowlsby
Unbelievable car Jeff. 74 2.0L are the best /4s if you ask me.
jagalyn
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 23 2021, 06:53 PM) *

Good for you! Great looking car and garage smile.gif!

Not my garage... Sellers garage (he's in the second picture). Maybe that will have to be next. smile.gif
jagalyn
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 23 2021, 06:56 PM) *

Unbelievable car Jeff. 74 2.0L are the best /4s if you ask me.

Thanks Jeff
NARP74
Wow!
Krieger
Congratulations! The car is beautiful!
Cairo94507
drooley.gif That is a beauty- well done. beerchug.gif
mepstein
smilie_pokal.gif
mlindner
What a great collection you have going on. That is pretty special.
ValcoOscar
Congrats... beerchug.gif

What a car.

Enjoy!!!!

Need more detailed photos please.

Oscar
Van B
That is fantastic! What a find!!!
mate914
Very nice car. Now show us that every 914 has rust somewhere..... hide.gif
Matt flag.gif
anderssj
Nice find Jeff! smilie_pokal.gif

Definitely some treasures in WBL.
Rick986
Wow! Nicely done!!!
Cal
Nice 914....are those fog or driving lights on the front? More photos please. @jagalyn
914werke
drooley.gif Very pretty! More details & pictures please ~
windforfun
Okay. Now I'm jealous. Wow!!!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
KELTY360
Checks all the boxes! Only question is, are you willing to drive it or will it be a garage queen?
jagalyn
QUOTE(mate914 @ Oct 24 2021, 08:01 AM) *

Very nice car. Now show us that every 914 has rust somewhere..... hide.gif
Matt flag.gif

Ok. Rust. Now are you happy? smile.gif

Click to view attachment

jagalyn
QUOTE(Cal @ Oct 24 2021, 08:53 AM) *

Nice 914....are those fog or driving lights on the front? More photos please. @jagalyn

Yes. Those are driving lights. Good eye!

Original owner did some rally driving events and changed out the original fog lights for driving lights.

Good catch.
jagalyn
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 24 2021, 01:57 PM) *

Checks all the boxes! Only question is, are you willing to drive it or will it be a garage queen?

I've got my silver 73 2 Liter I can drive. The paint is original but the clear coat is crystalized so I don't have to be so careful with it. The value of the yellow 74 2 Liter is in the pristine condition and low mileage so that will see more limited driving and maybe some local events.

At some point I will probably have the engine/transaxle resealed as the seals are dry and there is some seepage. Then it will need to be driven to keep it in good mechanical condition.
914_7T3
Congratulations! What a great car! drooley.gif
930cabman
Very nice, thanks for sharing and enjoy in good health
bkrantz
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Oct 24 2021, 04:53 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 24 2021, 01:57 PM) *

I've got my silver 73 2 Liter I can drive. The paint is original but the clear coat is crystalized so I don't have to be so careful with it. The value of the yellow 74 2 Liter is in the pristine condition and low mileage so that will see more limited driving and maybe some local events.

At some point I will probably have the engine/transaxle resealed as the seals are dry and there is some seepage. Then it will need to be driven to keep it in good mechanical condition.

Or you could take it all apart, replace the usual body parts, and mess with the FI system--just for the sake of camaraderie.
ctc911ctc
Wow,

2 originals, sigh

How about a side by side of the two beauties?

biggrin.gif
DucRS
What a beauty and congrats!
I know the feeling about waiting. I waited for 17 years and it kinda looks like yours.
Click to view attachment
SKL1
Looks VERY nice. Short driving season in MN- obviously never driven in the winter!!
Shivers
Beautiful
SteveL
Any chance was that car owned by Riley Rogers many years ago? If that is the one, I remember when he bought it - he drove it out to Bills for a get together about 20 years ago.
jagalyn
QUOTE(DucRS @ Oct 24 2021, 08:38 PM) *

What a beauty and congrats!
I know the feeling about waiting. I waited for 17 years and it kinda looks like yours.
Click to view attachment

A twin (except it’s a 73)… beautiful car. Sometimes good things come to people who are willing to wait. Congratulations on your car!
wonkipop
what a ripper beerchug.gif
jagalyn
QUOTE(SteveL @ Oct 24 2021, 11:57 PM) *

Any chance was that car owned by Riley Rogers many years ago? If that is the one, I remember when he bought it - he drove it out to Bills for a get together about 20 years ago.

You have a good memory. That’s Riley in the photo. He owned the car from April 15, 2000 til October 23, 2021. 21.5 years.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you are a very very very lucky man to have had the opportunity to purchase this car. My favorite 914 color

QUOTE(jagalyn @ Oct 23 2021, 07:31 PM) *

Been following this car for 20 years and today it's finally in my garage.

1974 Porsche 914 2.0 Liter, 14,570 Original Miles. Original Paint.

They are still out there... but most like this one change hands without ever coming to market.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Root_Werks
What a great find!
scallyk9
Very nice indeed. Great find!
jagalyn
Bumpers, Bumper Tops and Seals are in excellent condition

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
iankarr
Jaw dropping. Congrats! Please take lots of pics for the originality forum. This car should have its own section!
Cairo94507
Now that 914 is a beauty. I hope you drive and enjoy sharing it with others wherever you go. Stunningly beautiful top to bottom. beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
@jagalyn

wow that is awesome! what a beautiful car, its amazing to have had such great care for so long. Having grown up in Mn i know how hard that would be, keeping the rust worms and mice at bay, proper winterization etc etc.

Enjoy!!! thats going to win some PCA preservation class concours events for sure!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.