Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did I Miss Something?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Porsche Atlanta now charging $4.95 to pick up ordered parts in person. What is that all about? Pay stupid prices on shipping or pay to pick up your parts for a FEE. Must be a real pain in the ass to wait on people. WTF.gif

Click to open to see in store pick up fee
mepstein
That’s weird.
At our local dealership, I can order parts off their discount site - available to anyone (they also have a retail site), pickup in person, eat their snacks, use the bathroom, take some magazines and they are nothing but friendly. No surcharge for anything.

BYW - The Delaware discount site has some really great prices. Not everything but it’s worth checking out. https://www.delawareporscheparts.com/
mepstein
I looked up your part

bkrantz
Given the disruption in the new car supply, they have probably moved the sales staff to the parts counter. And those guys are used to higher pay.
Mikey914
We don't charge for local pick up
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 24 2021, 11:06 AM) *

That’s weird.
At our local dealership, I can order parts off their discount site - available to anyone (they also have a retail site), pickup in person, eat their snacks, use the bathroom, take some magazines and they are nothing but friendly. No surcharge for anything.

BYW - The Delaware discount site has some really great prices. Not everything but it’s worth checking out. https://www.delawareporscheparts.com/

Mark, what's your local dealership discount site link?

That Deleware Porsche Parts site is cool, but you can't search for parts by models earlier than mid 80's and no option for 914 searches.
914_7T3
Circle Porsche in Long Beach has been charging $5 pick up for years. Doesn’t do much to offset the additional discounts for an online order.

blink.gif
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 24 2021, 08:37 PM) *

That’s weird.

That Deleware Porsche Parts site is cool, but you can't search for parts by models earlier than mid 80's and no option for 914 searches.

When I went to the page I thought the same thing. Then realized there is a separate tab for "classic parts" search and you can select the 914 there.
mepstein
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Oct 25 2021, 07:21 AM) *

QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 24 2021, 08:37 PM) *

That’s weird.

When I went to the page I thought the same thing. Then realized there is a separate tab for "classic parts" search and you can select the 914 there.

Easiest way is to enter the part number in the search bar.
If you live nearby, there is no sales tax in Delaware so you can save a lot of money picking up a big part vs shipping. I purchased the front fenders and rear quarters for my 912. True Porsche parts at a 40% discount and saved hundreds by picking them up vs shipping and another couple hundred tax free.

And no, the salesmen are not working the parts counter. I know one and they do very well.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
AUTOMOBILE atlanta, is charging NOTHING to pick up parts in person, and when you come we give you a free factory tour and a 914 catalog!

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 24 2021, 09:45 AM) *

Porsche Atlanta now charging $4.95 to pick up ordered parts in person. What is that all about? Pay stupid prices on shipping or pay to pick up your parts for a FEE. Must be a real pain in the ass to wait on people. WTF.gif

Steve
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 25 2021, 06:55 AM) *

AUTOMOBILE atlanta, is charging NOTHING to pick up parts in person, and when you come we give you a free factory tour and a 914 catalog!

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 24 2021, 09:45 AM) *

Too bad your on the opposite coast!!
914sgofast2
That pickup fee is also known as THE PORSCHE TAX. Since our 914’s have always been considered “Not A Real Porsche”, you should be exempt from paying such a tax for 914 parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.