Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lower Dash for early car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
guys, i looked around in the classifieds but couldn't find any.
i need a lower dash for a early car (NO sidevents) ...

needs to be in very good condition including the chrome trim.
anyone?

thanks,
Andy
markb
Lemme look at the shelf at the shop. I know we have a couple. We'll be coming up to Carlsens, so I could drop it to you then. If there's a really good one.
SirAndy
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 22 2003, 10:41 PM)
Lemme look at the shelf at the shop. I know we have a couple. We'll be coming up to Carlsens, so I could drop it to you then. If there's a really good one.

thanks, let me know.

ever played "Fallout 2" ???
great game, the main characters hometown is Arroyo, CA.

never been there in person, but i feel like i know my way around cool.gif

Andy
markb
Nope, never have. I'm not much of a gamer, tho. I spend too much time in front of this screen as it is. Where can I check it out? Might be cool to see. smile.gif
markb
Sorry, we only have one, and it's got a dent/hole in the face. sad.gif (The perfect one is on my '70) If you find one & still need the chrome piece, this one should clean up to a 9. Mark
Qarl
You could try getting it recoved by Just Dashes (ask Brad0... but probably pricey!
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 23 2003, 10:53 AM)
You could try getting it recoved by Just Dashes (ask Brad0... but probably pricey!

i know, i know. just thought i ask ...
oh well. it was already re-done once and now the vinyl is starting to come off everywhere.

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 23 2003, 08:26 AM)
Nope, never have. I'm not much of a gamer, tho. I spend too much time in front of this screen as it is. Where can I check it out? Might be cool to see. smile.gif

it's made by InterPlay

http://www.interplay.com/games/product.asp?GameID=125

it's quite a classic, original game was called "wasteland", back in the C64 days (early 80s) ...
fallout and fallout2 take place in a post-nuclear-war california, and in fallout2 your main character starts his adventure in Arroyo.

mhmmm, maybe one of the programmers lives there cool.gif

it's a lot of fun, if you're into RPG games at all,
Andy
Mockmaw
Wow, Fallout 2 is quite possibly the best game that I've ever played. I figure I've dug through practically every corner in that game.. and it's huge.
GWN7
There's one on Ebay...found it thru Kellzeys link about the water bottle....Early dash

$9.99 and no reserve smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jul 24 2003, 12:05 AM)
There's one on Ebay...found it thru Kellzeys link about the water bottle....Early dash

$9.99 and no reserve smile.gif

thanks for the tip but i was too late, auction is already closed sad.gif
seanery
wadabout HPH?
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 24 2003, 12:16 PM)
wadabout HPH?

i'll try EASY first (sorry Rich) wink.gif
GWN7
Sorry about that, thought there was some time left or I would have PMed you. Send the sellar a email saying your interested. The guy who bought it has a -1 rating. Never seen that before. There might be a chance he will default.
boxstr
Andy I have three of the early, no vent lower dash pads up at CAMP. I will check Friday and email you on whether the condition is good or bad.
CCLIDASHPADHELL
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 24 2003, 01:41 PM)
Andy I have three of the early, no vent lower dash pads up at CAMP. I will check Friday and email you on whether the condition is good or bad.
CCLIDASHPADHELL

thanks!
boxstr
Take your pick. One $25.00 two cracks other wise good, Two $35.00 no cracks, need to clean off gray primer on ends, Three $45.00 perfect, still on car I can remove this weekend.
S&H "not" included in prices.
CCLINDASHPADHELL
Brad Roberts
Craig ..he will take a perfect one.. and we will pick it up at the JRust event (if you dont mind)..it will save you 30 minutes by not boxing it and save Andy some cash by not shipping it.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 24 2003, 07:46 PM)
$45.00 perfect, still on car I can remove this weekend.
S&H "not" included in prices.
CCLINDASHPADHELL

i take the perfect one smile.gif

pick up at JRust's sit-in would be cool ...

Andy
Dave Cawdrey
Andy,

Why did you use the early lower dash? Is you car early? I don't mean to bite your style, but I'm contemplating the same for my dash.

Getty dash, no fresh air, no radio, no glovebox, early lower dash. I want the front (face) to be stainless, and empty. Can I find a "dash face" like that ?? Anything I need to be aware of ??

Any pics of yours, Andy ??
boxstr
Andy I sent a perfect lower dash back with Brad, Is that good enough?? If not, please send back thanks.
CCLINLOWERDASHOBLIVION
C
Dave Cawdrey
bump
Andy,

Why did you use the early lower dash? Is you car early? I don't mean to bite your style, but I'm contemplating the same for my dash.

Getty dash, no fresh air, no radio, no glovebox, early lower dash. I want the front (face) to be stainless, and empty. Can I find a "dash face" like that ?? Anything I need to be aware of ??

SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Aug 6 2003, 07:45 PM)
Andy I sent a perfect lower dash back with Brad, Is that good enough?? If not, please send back thanks.

yes! that's perfect!!!!!

i haven't had time to hook up with brad since he got back from oregon. i will see him this weekend for jenny's "swap" party.

korijo:
my car is a '70, sooooo, the early lower dash will fit in just right.
no ashtray, but i still have the radio and glove box (with the getty upper dash) ...

i think it'll look great ...
Andy
Brad Roberts
Andy..slip Craig some cash... 45.00$

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(korijo @ Aug 6 2003, 11:20 PM)

i can shoot some (blurry) pics this weekend ...

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 6 2003, 11:23 PM)
Andy..slip Craig some cash... 45.00$

will do ...
reminds me, i still owe Mr. bowlsby some $$$$ too ...

Andy
Dave Cawdrey
Can one put an early lower dash into a late car? I dont need the vents...
Brad Roberts
Yes..

but your "tin" pieces that hold the basket weave wont line up and you will have large holes in the steel dash frame that will need to be welded up (unless you plan to install a complete dash from a 70)

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 6 2003, 11:27 PM)
(unless you plan to install a complete dash from a 70)

or a cage wink.gif
Dave Cawdrey
but your "tin" pieces that hold the basket weave wont line up and you will have large holes in the steel dash frame that will need to be welded up (unless you plan to install a complete dash from a 70)

My plan is to have a blank face (where radio, vent controls, and glovebox are) made of a stainless steel or aluminum. The lower part will just be a finishing piece. No basket weave vinyl is planned.

Could this "face" be made easily??
SirAndy
QUOTE(korijo @ Aug 6 2003, 11:35 PM)

My plan is to have a blank face (where radio, vent controls, and glovebox are) made of a stainless steel or aluminum. The lower part will just be a finishing piece. No basket weave vinyl is planned.

Could this "face" be made easily??

yepp, just rectangle sheet metal glued on with double-sided tape, would look cool with SS or alloy ...

the lower dash will fit later cars, direct bolt on as far as i can tell ...

Andy
Dave Cawdrey
thanks, dudes cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.