Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Just for McMark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
The 20 hamburgers you must eat before you die

M
Cap'n Krusty
Well, he missed the "Double Double" as well as it's "insider" variants at In 'N Out, and he was too late for the chili burger at the sorely missed Gooey Louie's in West LA, CA. The Cap'n
jimtab
He also missed the burgers at Mo Betta Bigga Burger in LA. It's near the airport....no substitutes....don't ask....really.... happy11.gif
Lou W
One of my favorites has been Tommys on Rampart and Beverly in Los Angeles, took my daughter there last weekend for her first time. Great Chili Burgers. chowtime.gif
Brent
What no IN N OUT or Tommy's? Mine as well include all the foo foo places like IL Fornaio Burger (if it exists). And whats with the Food Network competition saying the best burgers must have Blue Cheese or Feta on them to make thm spark.....F'n GROSS!!!
McMark
ROAD TRIP!!!!

And hey! One is in Napa and one is in SF. I can get to those! Guess what I'll be eating next weekend? wink.gif Thanks!
joea9146
I have Been to #20 about 20min from my house...... Good Burgers they cook them in a vertical position both sides at the same time. aktion035.gif
bd1308
When I take my trip to CA....I will eat at a In N Out Burger.
scottb
WOO HOO!!!!

saturday morning we are loading up the minivan and heading to newport, RI for a week. gonna have to try:

3. Not Just a Burger
Spiced Pear Restaurant at the Chanler Hotel
Newport, RI

i will post pics after i get back for mcmark....
bd1308
be sure to take your potato friend with you.
ws91420
Persoally I enjoy burgers from Fuddruckers and a place local to the DC area called Five Guys. burger.gif
tat2dphreak
place in Lubbock should have made the list: it's called Spanky's and their specialty is a 1/2 lb (3 patties) "HE-man woman hater" with bacon, cheddar, swiss, and beer-batter onion rings... chowtime.gif you have to sqish the crap out of it to take a bite!

I'll have to find the one they mention in Dallas... I think it's near downtown... confused24.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 28 2005, 07:16 AM)

I'll have to find the one they mention in Dallas... I think it's near downtown... confused24.gif

Wayne,

Just drive down Harry Hines.. It's on the east side of the road.......

Great burgers, and lots of entertainment watching the (ahem) self-employed (ahem) women walking around advertising.

Suprised they didn't mention Kincaids Grocery in Ft. Worth. Voted best hamburger in the Metroplex for 5 years running. chowtime.gif

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 28 2005, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 28 2005, 07:16 AM)

I'll have to find the one they mention in Dallas... I think it's near downtown...   confused24.gif

Wayne,

Just drive down Harry Hines.. It's on the east side of the road.......

Great burgers, and lots of entertainment watching the (ahem) self-employed (ahem) women walking around advertising.

Suprised they didn't mention Kincaids Grocery in Ft. Worth. Voted best hamburger in the Metroplex for 5 years running. chowtime.gif

great, a burger place with a side of prostitutes...

"I'll have the crack-whore fries with the VD burger and a toothless BJ shake... " barf.gif
tdgray
I cry BULLSHIT..... one the best in the country right here in Akron Ohio.

Swenson's Galley Boy. I can eat those every day for B / L/ D chowtime.gif
johnmhudson111
Here in Memphis we have a little local chain called Huey's that has killer burgers, it is one that if you are ever in town you just got to try one.
Dave_Darling
I remember Murder Burger ("so good it's to die for") in Davis CA having very yummy burgers.

--DD
JB 914
In & Out is probably the best unmolested pure burger you can find.

I love Tommy burger too!! Chili burger.... chowtime.gif

i remember a place in Houston called Rosnofski's (sp?) i ate quite a few Double/Double's at that place in the 80's
Allan
We have 2 places here that have really good burgers. One is local only called John's Burgers and are voted best on the county every year. The other one some of you may have is called MIMI's. It's a quasi cajun sort of place that has one called the FRENCH burger. Man it is gooood...
mightyohm
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jul 28 2005, 07:06 AM)
I remember Murder Burger ("so good it's to die for") in Davis CA having very yummy burgers.

--DD

Murder burger is now Redrum burger (changed ownership, then got sued or something and had to change the name) and there is one in Rocklin also. But the last couple times I was there I noticed the quality has gone down considerably, especially at the Rocklin location.
markb
I miss having a good old fashioned A&W burger. It's a shame they went out of business. sad.gif
bd1308
the A&W rootbeer folks? They teamed up with (gasp) KFC....wait do you all have Kentucky Fried Chicken out there?
neo914-6
QUOTE (joe buckle @ Jul 28 2005, 07:44 AM)
In & Out is probably the best unmolested pure burger you can find.

I love Tommy burger too!! Chili burger.... chowtime.gif

i remember a place in Houston called Rosnofski's (sp?) i ate quite a few Double/Double's at that place in the 80's

I remember going to Tommy Burgers in Glendale when in college. You had to have a strong stomach for all that chili laugh.gif

I liked Fuddruckers, even though it was a chain.

There is still a Snow White on Monterey St near Gilroy that still looks unchanged since the 60's. They have great burgers. My wife remembers going to one in the Half Moon Bay and Ukia when she was growing up. She was happy to see this one.
redshift
Mmm... hijacked.gif .. Snow White's Diner on Hollyweird Boogervard.. what a wacky tasting tuna sandwich. huh.gif

Best Burger EVER: Whataburger, Broad St. Augusta, GA.

M
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 28 2005, 10:16 PM)
Mmm... hijacked.gif .. Snow White's Diner on Hollyweird Boogervard.. what a wacky tasting tuna sandwich. huh.gif

M

Wahtaburger IS a good fast-food burger! smilie_pokal.gif Sonic too...

the A&W rootbeer folks? They teamed up with (gasp) KFC....wait do you all have Kentucky Fried Chicken out there?

here they are in Long John Silvers... barf.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 28 2005, 07:16 PM)

M

headbang.gif

Now i'm not going to be satisfied until i get another Whataburger. chowtime.gif

i lived a few blocks from one in Houston.......curse you miles for bringing back those memories........ drooley.gif
bd1308
nothing beats the hunger like a good ol' White Castle.

yum yum.

cleans your colon in the process smile.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 28 2005, 07:43 PM)
nothing beats the hunger like a good ol' White Castle.

yum yum.

cleans your colon in the process smile.gif

I thought that was what Taco Bell was for..... confused24.gif
redshift
Funny thing about a Whataburger... they don't taste like hamburgers...

blink.gif

I swear! That ain't meat!

I don't do Pepsi Products, Period.

No Pepsi, No KFC, No Taco Bell, No Pizza Hut.. none! It's terrible, and made in like Nicaragua.

M
Lou W
markb   Posted on Jul 28 2005, 07:55 PM I miss having a good old fashioned A&W burger. It's a shame they went out of business. sad.gif

There is a A&W Root Beer in Cabazon, on the way to Palm Springs. They still have hamburgers there.
bd1308
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 28 2005, 10:03 PM)
Funny thing about a Whataburger... they don't taste like hamburgers...

blink.gif

I swear! That ain't meat!

I don't do Pepsi Products, Period.

No Pepsi, No KFC, No Taco Bell, No Pizza Hut.. none! It's terrible, and made in like Nicaragua.

M

actually most are made in Kentucky--look up YUM food corp. based in good ol' KY.

owns Pizza hut, Taco bell and KFC.
tdgray
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 29 2005, 12:13 AM)

M [/QUOTE]
actually most are made in Kentucky--look up YUM food corp. based in good ol' KY.

owns Pizza hut, Taco bell and KFC.

And yet another good reason not to eat there. huh.gif

Only two things come outa Kentucky son. Steers and queers... I don't see no horns.... biggrin.gif

Aw shit he's to young to get that anyway dry.gif
bd1308
blink.gif
redshift
Tri-CoMmmMMmm means poor eating.

Warner Bros. makes a better hamburger, and Ford has it all over them on fries.. rolleyes.gif

I really like the new McFillet McMignon at the Arches though.. mmm, I think McD's was bought out by Clairol, tastes alot like Aqua-Net.

M
ematulac
If you're ever in Burbank, there is a place on Victory a block east of Buena Vista called Steve's Burgers.

They've got what's called a crazy burger that's just awesome. It's a bacon, pastrami, chili cheeseburger. Yum. chowtime.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (tdgray @ Jul 29 2005, 06:09 AM)

Only two things come outa Kentucky son. Steers and queers... I don't see no horns.... biggrin.gif

I was wearing cowboy boots the day I arrived at the Army Basic Training center at Fort Lenoard Wood, Missouri. My drill instructor went down the line and when he looked at my boots, he said " I don't have to ask where you are from." and he repeated that line about steers and queers, but he referred to Texas. I just looked at him and said "MOOOOOO!".

Needless to say, I spent about an hour trying to push the ground downward. biggrin.gif
ws91420
Another place in DC area is The Little Tavern. They have the miniburgers like White Castle.
scottb
QUOTE (scottb @ Jul 28 2005, 07:47 AM)
WOO HOO!!!!

saturday morning we are loading up the minivan and heading to newport, RI for a week. gonna have to try:

3. Not Just a Burger
Spiced Pear Restaurant at the Chanler Hotel
Newport, RI

i will post pics after i get back for mcmark....

ok, i lied. i did not eat the burger. walked up to the place, tank, shorts, hawaiian shirt, sandals.... peruse the menu... wait staff is in full suits in 80+F with 70+% humidity. small print "appropriate attire required"

hmmmmmm

kept looking at the menu.....

the burger of mention is a full kobe(ish?) beef creation for $25..... nope....

will need a good under table snarlin' to pay that. plus tip. plus the $9 beers. plus having to go back and get "appropriate attire"....

i can send a pic of the outside if you want??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
carl rove swears by white castle. he says, " i'll get those c_ _ k s_ _ _ _ _s!!".

k
SLITS
Chili's...Houtson, Tx...Galeria Mall...Terlingua Pride & Beer for breakfast....awesome...(it's where I invented the patented "Blue Flame Seat Heater and Turboboost System")

They have since cheapened their product.................

White Castle...Columbus, OH....2 days throwing up in a hotel room.

Tommy's Chili Burgers....ummmmmm....what a way to kill a buzz at 2 am.
Aaron Cox
off katella in orange, CA

billy boys burgers. a double cheese burger will leave you thinking its easier to eat a type 4 motor.... ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.