Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 18" tires and wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim dorociak
Guys I am trying to determine if I can build a set of 18" three piece wheels to fit my 75 914 that will be converted with metal flares. I asked the other day about fitting 9" wheels under the rear flares and the Rota Fox Linear Corsa Fuchs style wheels, but since I have all the parts and I restore 3 piece 18" wheels for the the 965 and 993 Porsche owners I was wondering.

Most of the later wheels running 18" are using 25" as the height of the tire, which is very similar to the early 15" tires. Am I missing something or is it the look of the lower profile tire that is the issue. These 3 piece wheels are custom sized because of the requirements and offsets needed. Trying to run no spacers and fit right.

Thank you! Jim. jdorociak@gmail.com
I have Speedline Daytona centers available to use.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Andyrew
I run about 3” of spacers to make the late offset 18”x10” wheels fit. I know my dad had the same issue but also runs some custom ET wheels that work.

It’s certainly doable. And with the tires available it’s the only real way to get serious rubber.
Chris914n6
25" is about the biggest you can go, so with 18s you will practically have rubber bands. Ride might be a little rough. With flares you will have a bit more room than I have.

I moved to 17s from 16s just because. 225/45 and these Indy 500 tires are 1/2" narrower than the old 225/50-16.

IPB Image

IPB Image
emerygt350
That looks very good.
jim dorociak
What do you guys think of the style of the Daytona center? It kind of has an older look about it not too modern. Jim

Thinking g 7.5" fronts and 9" or 9.25" with a low offset of course 18"
sharper
I've got 17" on mine with spacers.
Andyrew
18s on both cars. 17s in the front of the orange car.
jim dorociak
so what size wheels and tire sizes are you running on the Red 914 with 18" tires

Thank you for responding! Jim. jdorociak@gmail.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.