Full Version: California Festival of Speed -10-30-2021
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
Last time at the BIG O I understand.

Who's going?
rhodyguy
What are FOS and big O?
Steve
PCA festival of speed event in So cal. Ontario speedway?
Swap meet, autocross, etc
https://www.calfestival.org/
914_teener
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 26 2021, 03:33 PM) *

What are FOS and big O?

Festival of Speed = PCA Zone 8 event which includes Arizona and most of SoCal.

The Big O is the Ontario Speedway which is one of the only high banked ovals in the country.

It is called the AAA speedway now. The old one was torn down and then rebuilt in Ontario CA.

This is the last time they will have it there.

How ya dowin Kevin?
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 26 2021, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 26 2021, 03:33 PM) *

What are FOS and big O?

Festival of Speed = PCA Zone 8 event which includes Arizona and most of SoCal.

The Big O is the Ontario Speedway which is one of the only high banked ovals in the country.

It is called the AAA speedway now. The old one was torn down and then rebuilt in Ontario CA.

This is the last time they will have it there.

How ya dowin Kevin?

It’s in Fontana, a few miles away from the old Ontario speedway site. The track is getting torn down, but the plan is to build a short track oval - apparently that’s all the rage in NASCAR now…. Of course there is a residential and entertainment component to the new plan…

Bummer, that was my favorite track, you got to measure your balls going into turns 1&2. Won’t be there but it’s looking to have a great turnout.
Steve
It looks like Saturday is the best day since it has a swap meet and vendor row. Bummer, but I can't make it this year. My wife lives for Halloween, so I am tied up in those activities.
914_teener
I'm going Saturday as well. Mostly for the swap meet and to get out of the house.

burton73
My buddie Mark in the 911 targa s4 AWD will I be there on Sat. Mark was with me in this years route 66 Red over BK car

Bob B
914_teener
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 27 2021, 04:07 PM) *

My buddie Mark in the 911 targa s4 AWD will I be there on Sat. Mark was with me in this years route 66 Red over BK car

Bob B

Hey Bob...yea I remember Mark nice guy I had a beer with you guys at the La Posada in Winslow.

See ya there.
rhodyguy
Doing? All things considered, pretty damn well. Thanks for asking. If I lived closer I would be at the BIG O for the festivities.
burton73
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 27 2021, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 27 2021, 04:07 PM) *

Bob B

Hey Bob...yea I remember Mark nice guy I had a beer with you guys at the La Posada in Winslow.

See ya there.

Say hi as I can not remember names . i am old

Bob B
bdstone914
I am going. Probably not taki g stuff to sell as the swap meet is poorly advertised.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.