Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Clubsport32
Hi

I was wondering if anybody had any pointers on how to re-install the side shifter bearing bracket back into the case.

I am rebuilding a 914 and the transmission was rebuilt - but sadly part 10 on the picture wasn’t installed back into the transmission.

I have replaced all seals, gaskets etc..but not sure of the way to re-install? Can I get it wrong or is there more than one way to locate the teeth…

Any help / pointers would be appreciated..

Thanks. Andy
oldie914
If you are asking about orientation of parts 14 and 17 when rebuilding the console, put them on as shown in the exploded view. To install the console in the case, make sure the transmission is in neutral (slots in the 3 shift rods should be lined up when you look in the case). Then just put the console in and check to make sure it shifts.
mlindner
If you can get your hands on Dr. Evils CD, it show it well how to install.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(oldie914 @ Oct 27 2021, 03:25 AM) *

If you are asking about orientation of parts 14 and 17 when rebuilding the console, put them on as shown in the exploded view. To install the console in the case, make sure the transmission is in neutral (slots in the 3 shift rods should be lined up when you look in the case). Then just put the console in and check to make sure it shifts.

one small addition.....if the three slots inside are not in a row (neutral) use a
screwdriver to lever them to form a single slot.
Normally you should be able to move only one at a time.
Then the selector can be angled into place
Chaznaster
I found this article really helpful when removing and replacing the shift selector and the cover.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...select_seal.htm

Shift selector
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.