Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1.7l stainless heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
WestTX914
I’ve got a very nice set of 1.7l stainless steel heat exchangers off my 71 for sale I’m asking $700 plus $75 for shipping they’re in extremely good condition they don’t have any dings and dents. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Shackleford
I’ll take them!

I’m new to the 914. But I’m assuming that if I have a 72 914 with a 1.7 those will fit? Did you have any fitment issues or do they bolt right on? Thanks!
WestTX914
QUOTE(Shackleford @ Oct 27 2021, 11:39 AM) *

I’ll take them!

I’m new to the 914. But I’m assuming that if I have a 72 914 with a 1.7 those will fit? Did you have any fitment issues or do they bolt right on? Thanks!

PM sent
WestTX914
Sold thanks Steve
Aerostatwv
QUOTE(Shackleford @ Oct 27 2021, 12:39 PM) *

I’ll take them!

Make sure you use a torque wrench when you install those. Otherwise, you’ll be chasing exhaust leaks. Air cooled motors experience expansion and contraction from the heat.

If you find yourself needing a muffler, let me know. I bought a used one, sandblasted it, and was going to put it on my 73. Rut roh, turns out it’s a pre-73 muffler and exits in a different location. I guess they changed the outlet location in 73 to accommodate either the 1.7 or 2.0.

Looks like your getting a nice set. Congrats.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.