Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 post lift search has begun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
So the max Jax is nice but since downsizing I need to find a way to store things like cars, boxes etc. I had a 4 post 15 plus years ago and it was fine but didn't go high enough. I have a space now in the 3rd stall that is 10'4" tall and 11 foot wide. I would prefer the 4 post be as narrow as possible as the only thing stored on them will be Porsches and boxing supplies.

What would the brain trust point me towards?
cassmcentee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muhnO2rbrt8
Vice Grip Garage recieved Three versions of 4 post (double/single/smaller single)
These guys make good ones, the video has three versions in it
Rick986
I have a Bendpak HD-9 on the way. It checks all the boxes for size/weight/price. And, it was on sale when I bought it at the end of September. FYI, at least 6 weeks for delivery!
SteveL
QUOTE(cassmcentee @ Oct 27 2021, 11:37 AM) *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muhnO2rbrt8
Vice Grip Garage recieved Three versions of 4 post (double/single/smaller single)
These guys make good ones, the video has three versions in it

I was going to say the same thing. I really like the design and safety of these:
https://www.wildfirelifts.com/car-lifts
Robarabian
I have a Bendpak. Industry leader. Well made.
mb911
Looks like all the decent ones are 4-5k . Will wait until black Friday but bendpak is on my radar. I want 6 foot clear option underneath and that is the challange
JmuRiz
BendPak HD 9 here...but it's not a 6' clear underneath. I've stood up forgetting where I am and bonked myself a few times.

I think they have an extra high version.

Note: You'll need air to unlock the safety latches though. Some of the others have a mechanical release. I wish I had that! My brother got an Atlas 2-post lift from, it's nice.

Are you going to add bridge jacks etc? I have them for mine and 2 of those are as much as the entire lift. I wish I had space to do a 2-post for work and 4-post for storage.
mb911
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 28 2021, 06:52 AM) *

BendPak HD 9 here...but it's not a 6' clear underneath. I've stood up forgetting where I am and bonked myself a few times.

Note: You'll need air to unlock the safety latches though. Some of the others have a mechanical release. I wish I had that! My brother got an Atlas 2-post lift from, it's nice.

Are you going to add bridge jacks etc? I have them for mine and 2 of those are as much as the entire lift. I wish I had space to do a 2-post for work and 4-post for storage.

Good to know. I have to measure how tall my 914-6 is anyway as I have 10'4" and no matter what may not be able to stand up under a lift as I am 6-1 and 3/4";)
nditiz1
I'm rocking an Atlas (gregsmithequipment) 4 post hobbyist lift and a max jax right next to it.
brant
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 28 2021, 08:58 AM) *

Good to know. I have to measure how tall my 914-6 is anyway as I have 10'4" and no matter what may not be able to stand up under a lift as I am 6-1 and 3/4";)

Ben,
my ceiling is like 10' 3
its a 2 post... but same problem
a 914 at full lift does not allow anyone to walk under without stooping...
so I got a swivel office chair, and don't lift the car to maximum
then do most of my work seated on a chair

Sway Bar
I have an Atlas and love it....it's a short run, high lift, so regular size for all 4 corners and length but clearance underneath of 79".

So, lift car when you need to but if just boxes and other misc. the extra never worrying about hitting your head is perfect (I'm 6'2''). I installed LED lighting under the 'blank' runner so perfect work space when up.

I use it like a main lift rather than a storage lift...onto my full 3rd project build on this lift.
mb911
QUOTE(brant @ Oct 28 2021, 10:47 AM) *

Ben,
my ceiling is like 10' 3

I actually do the same thing with my maxjax now.. I will likely make a game day decision on what brand I buy on black Friday
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 28 2021, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Oct 28 2021, 10:47 AM) *

Ben,
my ceiling is like 10' 3

I actually do the same thing with my maxjax now.. I will likely make a game day decision on what brand I buy on black Friday

That’s what I did with my maxjax. It was only $150 off but that was before they raised the price 50%. blink.gif
burton73
Hi Ben,

I had a Dannmar 4 post that I sold to Mark EURO911 for a great price a few years back. This ad says 72 inch lift. You may find a better price.

Bob B

This guy Fredie set up my lift and moved it for me when i moved and then moved it to marks house when he got it from me. give him a call and ask him what the prices are and see what he can do to help you. 1818-571 2546

he will not remember me!

Nationwide NW-4-8K Storage Lift 8K lb Four Post Parking Lift

8,000 lb. capacity with 9 locking positions, one-piece diamond-plate runways and high gloss powder coat paint. Great hobbyist lift!
• Free Set of 4 Drip Trays
• Free Poly Caster Kit
• Free Set of 2 Wheel Chocks
• Free Jack Tray
Specifications: NW-4-8K
• Capacity: 8,000 lbs
• Height of Columns: 83"
• Overall Length w/Ramp: 207-1/2"
• Overall Width w/Motor: 114"
• Lifting Height: 72"
• Power Unit: 110V / 30 Amp
Limited Time Offer Black Friday Sale Price Valid While Supplies Last
List Price: $4,498.75
: $3,599.00

mb911
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 28 2021, 01:49 PM) *

Hi Ben,

I had a Dannmar 4 post that I sold to Mark EURO911 for a great price a few years back. This ad says 72 inch lift. You may find a better price.

Bob B

This guy Fredie set up my lift and moved it for me when i moved and then moved it to marks house when he got it from me. give him a call and ask him what the prices are and see what he can do to help you. 1818-571 2546

he will not remember me!

Nationwide NW-4-8K Storage Lift 8K lb Four Post Parking Lift

8,000 lb. capacity with 9 locking positions, one-piece diamond-plate runways and high gloss powder coat paint. Great hobbyist lift!
• Free Set of 4 Drip Trays
• Free Poly Caster Kit
• Free Set of 2 Wheel Chocks
• Free Jack Tray
Specifications: NW-4-8K
• Capacity: 8,000 lbs
• Height of Columns: 83"
• Overall Length w/Ramp: 207-1/2"
• Overall Width w/Motor: 114"
• Lifting Height: 72"
• Power Unit: 110V / 30 Amp
Limited Time Offer Black Friday Sale Price Valid While Supplies Last
List Price: $4,498.75
: $3,599.00

Bob,

I saw that one as well. Were you happy with it? Shipping is fairly expensive at about 450 which is crazy but whatever.
Unobtanium-inc
I have two made by Challenger, a subsidiary of Snap-On. I bought both from my local NAPA for $3000 each and if you pick it up at NAPA it's no shipping charges. They loaded it right on my trailer. An added bonus, the manager Greg, a Porsche friend came and installed it with me. You might not get that level of service but the price was good. The only downside is if you are used to a commercial grade lift this one goes up a lot slower, works fine, just slow.
mb911
Thought I would update. Bought the wildfire. Gonna sell my maxjax..
Jett
I bought a Challenger two post list and four post stacker …
mb911
If anyone is looking for a maxjax mine will be available in a few weeks. Click to view attachment
stownsen914
I'm a bit late to the party, but figured I'd mention I have a Dannmar 4 post for the last 10 years or so. Think I paid like $2200, Jeez they're expensive now. At the time I believe they had wide and tall versions. I've been happy with mine. I have a low-ish ceiling so working on cars on the lift isn't practical, basically just for storage.
carr914
I've had a Rotary Revolution 7 for about 15 years. Best thing I ever bought

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
27 yrs ago..
Amphicar770
I've had my Atlas for many years. Used extensively with no issues. Gregg Smith Equipment is now part of Tooltopia.

Prices have gone up considerably since I bought mine.For the same money, which was not true back then, I like the design of the wildfire lift. Bendpack is also certainly a trusted brand..
mb911
Brought it home today. Will install this weekend. Super heavy Click to view attachment
jfort

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Oct 27 2021, 03:12 PM) *

I have a Bendpak. Industry leader. Well made.

aktion035.gif for BendPak
Rick986
BendPak installed a few weeks ago. Perfect!

Just make sure all catches release before you start lowering. Ask me how I know... huh.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Rick986 @ Dec 3 2021, 08:51 AM) *

BendPak installed a few weeks ago. Perfect!

Just make sure all catches release before you start lowering. Ask me how I know... huh.gif

I was not able to use a lift with Ramps that tilted like that.. I am very impressed with the wildfire lift quality. Remember I am a welder fabricator so the welding and build quality are very important to me.. I also liked the fact that the owners of the company are just like me and I could drive there in about 4 hours if need be.. small business , high quality checked all my boxes along with full raised height and the ramps removable.. The other brands are great as well but I had specific dimensions as well that were a factor..

Pictures of installed lift hopefully tomorrow.
mb911
Well it's up. Very nice gotta work one more organization and lighting revisions. Want to do something with the floor next.Click to view attachment
r_towle
How much for the max jack lift?
mepstein
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 14 2021, 07:52 PM) *

Ben sold his.
They got expensive
SKL1
Had a Direct Lift for nearly 4 years now. Added rolling jacks for more versatility- not as good as a 2 post service lift, but you can take off all the wheels when on the lift.

Click to view attachment
mb911
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 14 2021, 04:52 PM) *

Yup sold it right away. Had a bunch of interest. The gentleman picks it up this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.