Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My favorite job to do on a 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Click to view attachment
Just kidding about this being my favorite thing to do on 914. Got the ventilation control, flapper boxes and fresh air blower housing installed. In all the years working on 914’s this was the easiest install of this system I’ve ever done. It still took nearly all day, including cleaning the cables and adjusting everything. I used to say that dealing with dead gasoline was my #1 least favorite job, #2 (pun intended) is the ventilation system in the front trunk. The early blower housing without the plastic grill does make it a little easier. This is #2178 that’s a full bare metal, rotisserie, resto-mod.
Shivers
Looks nice
Tdskip
Looks SUPER nice.
JmuRiz
Nice, want to visit NoVA and help with mine....I wasn't planning on tearing mine apart, but that looks sooooo good!
mepstein
Looks great.
Root_Werks
agree.gif

Looks great!

I'll be doing similar I hope someday.
gms
looks like it is on the original assembly line!
Jett
Great work. Where did you get the longer passenger side paper hose?
914Sixer
URO makes the tubing in (330cm) long pieces. They make it in dark tan for early cars and light for late cars.
rhodyguy
Clean install. Did you paint the car?
Dion
Beautiful. Concourse worthy!
NARP74
Working in those conditions is always my favorite way to work. Sadly in my case, it's not going to happen. Your pics did show me what I am up against though, thanks for that.
Ansbacher
Fantastic work, bravo! I'm so glad someone finally posted a picture of what the ventilation guts look like. Any chance of adding a few more pics from different angles? I'll be facing this job too someday.

Ansbacher
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 28 2021, 08:10 AM) *

Clean install. Did you paint the car?

@rhodyguy smile.gif
I painted the secondary surfaces; bottom of the car, wheel houses, trunks, and cabin. I had a body shop do the exterior 6 resto-mod
barefoot
Hope you verified that the wipers work OK first smile.gif
willieg
Just when I am feeling good about the neatness of my frunk, along comes the picture above.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(barefoot @ Oct 28 2021, 12:04 PM) *

Hope you verified that the wipers work OK first smile.gif

The motor works, I tested it before install. It's a 6 so there's no good options if the motor fails.
Cairo94507
That looks great Perry. beerchug.gif
PCH
Beautiful!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.