Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flat Tow Bar needed DFW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
Was wondering if anyone in DFW had a tow bar rig, they’d consider renting out for a day or two ? LMK. Thanks.

IronHillRestorations
I have one in TN that came from TX biggrin.gif The price is right beerchug.gif but it's heavy.
Literati914
Think Im just gonna rent a tow dolly (two wheel trailer) from u-haul and pull my parts car with it, since I just need it for the one move. Anyone used one of these with a 914?

ClayPerrine
I have a truck and trailer, and I would be willing to come help you move a 914.

It even has an electric winch to pull a non running car up on to the trailer.

Clay
mate914
Just make sure the engine and tranny and axles are in it, or load and pull backward.
Trailers are a lot safer.
Matt flag.gif

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Oct 28 2021, 06:16 PM) *

Think Im just gonna rent a tow dolly (two wheel trailer) from u-haul and pull my parts car with it, since I just need it for the one move. Anyone used one of these with a 914?

sb914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 29 2021, 05:09 AM) *

I have a truck and trailer, and I would be willing to come help you move a 914.

It even has an electric winch to pull a non running car up on to the trailer.

Clay

smilie_pokal.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
Actually, I am just looking for an excuse to get over to your house and talk 914s with you for a while.

Betty actually bought me this shirt....

IPB Image

Literati914
An incredible offer - thanks Clay! .. however I’m trying to pick up a parts car that’s about 150 miles out. I’m gonna try and look into using a u-haul pickup and a two wheel tow dolly.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Oct 29 2021, 07:29 PM) *

An incredible offer - thanks Clay! .. however I’m trying to pick up a parts car that’s about 150 miles out. I’m gonna try and look into using a u-haul pickup and a two wheel tow dolly.

I am still willing to go with you. It would be a fun road trip.

Clay
Literati914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 29 2021, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Oct 29 2021, 07:29 PM) *

I am still willing to go with you. It would be a fun road trip.

Clay

True!! Could you go Sunday or Monday ? The guy Who’s holding the car has a crazy schedule.

913B
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 29 2021, 09:29 AM) *

Actually, I am just looking for an excuse to get over to your house and talk 914s with you for a while.

IPB Image

It would have been nice to meet you Clay, maybe it would have made my stay easier if I had a friend like you when I was in Frisco. biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(913B @ Oct 30 2021, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 29 2021, 09:29 AM) *

IPB Image

It would have been nice to meet you Clay, maybe it would have made my stay easier if I had a friend like you when I was in Frisco. biggrin.gif

You can always come back in April for the Hill Country Tour....

Clay
ClayPerrine
I got the trailer hooked to the SUV, and Doug is meeting us here to head out. Gonna rescue another 914 from the central Texas weeds.

piratenanner.gif

Clay
mlindner
+1 Clay, can't beat that offer.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.