Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side shift linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave97
Side shift coupler under the shifter with the pinch bolt. Is this splined on the inside? The rod is splined that goes into it. I’m trying adjust my Rennshifter and get the left to right adjustment correct. Do I need to pul the rod all the way out of the coupling to adjust? My lockout doesn’t work correctly.
Montreal914
You might want to look at the "Precision Shift Adjuster " from Tangerine racing. That would ease the adjustment.

Bottom of this page: http://www.tangerineracing.com/transmission.htm

But you do not need to pull the rod out to move it side to side. I am not sure but I don't think the ID of the pinching part is splined. It would prevent the adjustment.

Good luck! smile.gif
Dave97
The instructions I’ve read are to pull out the old shifter and “line up” the new one and slide it onto the rod. There is no mention of both being splined. If so I need to mark the orientation before removal and then move one spline at a time to get the desired setup. I’ve read put the transmission in 2nd or 3 rd and then adjust from there. Thanks for the help
bdstone914
QUOTE(Dave97 @ Oct 28 2021, 06:21 PM) *

Side shift coupler under the shifter with the pinch bolt. Is this splined on the inside? The rod is splined that goes into it. I’m trying adjust my Rennshifter and get the left to right adjustment correct. Do I need to pul the rod all the way out of the coupling to adjust? My lockout doesn’t work correctly.

It is not internally splined. Do not remove the rod to adjust. Put a paint dot at 12 o'clock position for reference.
Get the forward to back adjustment first.
The lower part of the shifter rod shoyld be vertical when in neutral.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.