Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Use Side Markers As Turn Indicators
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mjsdt914
Is there a way to use side markers as additional turn indicators?
roblav1
Probably conceivable, but it will effect the flasher unit.
JeffBowlsby
A dual filament bulb and socket holder in addition to wiring changes would be needed to use them as both running lights for nightime, and TS.
9146C
I'll start by saying this is not a mod that I've tried...(I actually deleted my side lights).

Some time ago, I had read a thread (don't remember where) that in some parts of the world, this (flashing side marker lights) was a factory delivered option...it was something to do with the ground wiring...I don't recall the details.

Here is an old post from Pelican that describes a procedure:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...rn-signals.html

Just passing along...not my procedure and not tested by me.
Mikey914
To do correctly you will need to replace the bulb socket with a dual, otherwise you will loose running lights.
mjsdt914
QUOTE(9146C @ Oct 29 2021, 02:41 PM) *

I'll start by saying this is not a mod that I've tried...(I actually deleted my side lights).

Some time ago, I had read a thread (don't remember where) that in some parts of the world, this (flashing side marker lights) was a factory delivered option...it was something to do with the ground wiring...I don't recall the details.

Here is an old post from Pelican that describes a procedure:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...rn-signals.html

Just passing along...not my procedure and not tested by me.

Finally found the ground wiring post:

Incidentally you are meant to be able to change the front side markers to be indicator repeaters - ie, flash with the turn signal - but still function as a side marker - by changing the wiring of the side marker bulb so that the earth/ground is connected to the +ve for the turn signal instead.

I do not understand the '+ve' reference...any ideas?
Dave_Darling
"Positive". Or "+ Volts Electrical".

The power connection, as opposed to the ground connection.

--DD
mjsdt914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 31 2021, 02:22 PM) *

"Positive". Or "+ Volts Electrical".

The power connection, as opposed to the ground connection.

--DD

Ah, thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.