Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm sure this is a very dumb question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
I periodically get this message when I try to add a single picture...

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND...
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

I took pics using my Iphone, and downloaded them to my computer, then tried to attach one to my post, and bingo error message. This only happens sometimes, and I don't know how to make the file smaller? What is going on?
Van B
I have to make a collage using google photos. Somehow that reduces the size.
jims914
I have the same thing. Some one make it EZ way to downsize photos. It's hard to send only one at a time. I guess i need a 10 year old.
JeffBowlsby
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637
Van B
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 30 2021, 09:44 PM) *

Jeff, notice the date on that thread. Not even a cell phone pic is less than 4mb these days.
JeffBowlsby
You just need to resize them. If everyone posted 4MB photos the site would need a dedicated data center to store everything.
bdstone914
I email them to myself and it gives me the option to down size the images.
Literati914
QUOTE(Speedo @ Oct 30 2021, 05:15 PM) *

I took pics using my Iphone, and downloaded them to my computer, then tried to attach one to my post, and bingo error message. This only happens sometimes, and I don't know how to make the file smaller? What is going on?

I had the same issue when I used to transfer them to my computer… now I send straight from my phone to whatever thread I’m posting in on world, using their attachment feature. It’s much easier, which was a bit of a surprise to me. The key for me is to go into ‘pictures’ or photos on your phone, find the one you want and tap the ‘edit’ button (do this every time)… then physically resize (adjust the framing slightly or rotate the photo)… and hit ‘done’. Then post the pic using 914worlds amenities (file attachments, choose file, add this attachment, followed by the ‘add this’ button at the bottom). Works for me every time now. Hope that helps, good luck.

SirAndy
QUOTE(Van B @ Oct 30 2021, 07:00 PM) *
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 30 2021, 09:44 PM) *

Jeff, notice the date on that thread. Not even a cell phone pic is less than 4mb these days.

4mb for a compressed jpeg is HUGE, even by today's standards.
You could quite literally fit that on a barn door.
rolleyes.gif

PS:
You can adjust the type of image and size in your phone camera settings. Make sure the type is set to JPEG and the image size/quality is low or medium.
This is especially true for those with iphones.
We do not support Apple's new proprietary image format.

fixer34
If you can get the pictures transferred to your computer, download a program called IrfanView from https://www.irfanview.com. It is free, no ads, very high quality picture viewer/editor. I scale 4MB cell pictures down to 400k with virtually no loss of quality.
mepstein
I also just email to myself. Quick and easy.
Spoke
On my Windows laptop I've installed PowerToys which is a suite of helper apps one of which is a picture resizer. It is installed in the system and allows multiple pictures to be resized at the same time. Highlight the pictures; right click the mouse and it is one of the options.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.