Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best brake dust remover?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
I have some stubborn brake dust accumulations on my wheels....anybody know of a really good effective product? TThank you,
gg
second wind
QUOTE(second wind @ Oct 30 2021, 10:50 PM) *

I have some stubborn brake dust accumulations on my wheels....anybody know of a really good effective product? TThank you,
gg

The "No Scrubbing" sprays are mostly worthless....thank you again,
gg
mlindner
Once you get them clean...to keep clean, just spray on 50/50 water and Simple Green. Brake dust just flows off. Been using this for over 15 years. Best, Mark
bkrantz
QUOTE(mlindner @ Oct 31 2021, 08:13 AM) *

Once you get them clean...to keep clean, just spray on 50/50 water and Simple Green. Brake dust just flows off. Been using this for over 15 years. Best, Mark

Also wheel wax (or any wax).
Geezer914
Go to the grocery store and get a spray bottle of Shout laundry pre treat. Spray the wheels, wait a few minutes. Scrub the rims with a wheel brush, rinse. The Shout works great and will not harm the rims or paint.
StarBear
I use ph-neutral P21S on my Fuchs. These other options look promising to try. Have Shout. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.