Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying GEMO OEM Cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I bought cables that I thought was a genuine Gemo cables. Parts came in with a no bag and a paper tag. I sent email ask what's the deal. Reply said the part was an OEM licensed product NOT GEMO even though the ad said it was GEMO.

Update this afternoon. I now have a clutch cable, 2 parking brake cables, accelerator cable and speedometer cable that are supposed to be GEMO. Speedometer cable came in GEMO bag and marked made in Germany. All the rest came loose with paper tag. All the tags seem to be the same but the loose cables have NO information on them
rhodyguy
"Often" being the key. dry.gif Maybe. sometimes. Never always. Word games.
Justinp71
Same thing happened to me with a oil dipstick I just bought from a semi reputable source for a newer vw I own. I really never found out if it was OEM...
Mikey914
Use trusted reputable sources. There are a few that support the community

Pelican, AA, even 914rubber

If you are buying outside that circle you are relying on them, and they may not even know the difference.
Cairo94507
For me, the first clue is the poor grammar in the reply.
rhodyguy
The sentence beginning with 'Quality' is a doozie. About, or, depending. Makes you wonder who or what 'partscontainer' really is.
914sgofast2
“OEM” is a Chinese aftermarket auto parts company. They are deliberately using the name “OEM” to mislead the public. Partscontainer is just somebody operating from a PC somewhere, not a brick and mortar business.
mepstein
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Nov 2 2021, 03:41 PM) *

“OEM” is a Chinese aftermarket auto parts company. They are deliberately using the name “OEM” to mislead the public. Partscontainer is just somebody operating from a PC somewhere, not a brick and mortar business.

agree.gif The use of OEM as a name should be fraud. It's meant to deceive.
SteveL
I looked up Partscontainer and there are a TON of bad reviews.
Generally I will not buy off Ebay anymore, it seems like all the scammers have taken over.
HansJan
Anyone knows where I can get the handbrake cable (between the handle and T-piece)? It runs next to the drivers seat.
nditiz1
I also ran into this with my supposed Gemo clutch cable from Partscontainer. They sent me a Cofle instead. It served the purpose ,but I preferred the Gemo for the fit.

The thing about buying from Partscontainer is the free shipping. Most reputable sellers are charging 15-20 on a 30 part. If you are making a large order from Pelican you can save on that hit, but if it's all you need then you look to other sources.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.