Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 76 muffler in progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
exact duplicate of the original nla factory unit, but in stainless Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 2 2021, 06:48 AM) *

exact duplicate of the original nla factory unit, but in stainless Click to view attachment

Lovely piece!
dcheek
I remember a few years after I bought my 914 a hole blew through one of the muffler halves. I went to the dealer to see how much a replacement was. At that time it was $600 per half. Doesn't sound like a lot now but adjusted for inflation that would be about $1800 !!! Consequently, I butt welded a patch that has held up to this day.

So........George, the big question is..........how much??

Dave
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Projected 450 for all three pieces, dependent on the exchange rate and transportation costs when the complete order is ready

QUOTE(dcheek @ Nov 2 2021, 08:07 AM) *

I remember a few years after I bought my 914 a hole blew through one of the muffler halves. I went to the dealer to see how much a replacement was. At that time it was $600 per half. Doesn't sound like a lot now but adjusted for inflation that would be about $1800 !!! Consequently, I butt welded a patch that has held up to this day.

Dave

Root_Werks
Probably not a huge market for later 914 systems as most seem to backdate them. This is a very nice looking system though and nice to have the option!
dcheek
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 2 2021, 07:08 AM) *

Projected 450 for all three pieces, dependent on the exchange rate and transportation costs when the complete order is ready

QUOTE(dcheek @ Nov 2 2021, 08:07 AM) *

Dave

Now, that's a bargain !!!
mb911
agree.gif

I would have waaay more than double in materials cost. We are slowly seeing the death of US made products with the materials shortage.. some may have noticed I announced earlier last week that I am discontinuing my stainless mufflers because of cost of materials.
Jim C
Looking forward to getting one.
JeffBowlsby
Looks great in the photo. Any prospect for a SS 73-74 2.0L repro hot dog muffler?
914Sixer
Jeff,
Dansk has had them about 5 years. SS with chrome tip. Around $700 depending on where you shop.
JeffBowlsby
Painted steel only, not SS.
914Sixer
Humm, I have an old SS one. Maybe they are NLA now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.