Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have to retract my "new guy with a 914" announcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ddx77

I just wanted to thank all you guys that welcomed me aboard the site, I really appreciate it!

Seems I was a little premature in announcing my new purchase. I will say the dealer I was dealing with was very cool about the whole thing and I got a full refund. I am waiting to hear back from BAT, but I think they will follow suit.

The issue was with transferring the NY registration, because NY doesn't issue titles for that old of a vehicle and Florida was not making it easy to do so.

I am glad I hadn't pulled the trigger on all the stuff I was going to buy for the car.

Thanks again and I will be on the lookout for another. I really liked that one though.

Later,

Drew
emerygt350
Really? I never had a problem.
mepstein
Usually states will honor the NY registration since there is no title available. Same with VT registrations. Sometimes you just have to go to a different person to get a different answer. It's why I use a title company and pay them $50 to facilitate the transfer instead of using the DMV.
mb911
agree.gif
ddx77

Okay, I am going add to this a little. Florida found this (copart) and there was only one way for them to re-title the car and that was "rebuilt" and whether or not the car was still worth it. I didn't bid to win a car that had a branded title.

In the dealer's defense, I do believe they thought the car was clean. So I would still buy a car from them in the future if given a reason.

So that may be a better explanation, I just didn't want the dealer getting slammed by comments. They stood by the deal and did the right thing without hesitation.

QUOTE(ddx77 @ Nov 2 2021, 09:27 AM) *

I just wanted to thank all you guys that welcomed me aboard the site, I really appreciate it!

Seems I was a little premature in announcing my new purchase. I will say the dealer I was dealing with was very cool about the whole thing and I got a full refund. I am waiting to hear back from BAT, but I think they will follow suit.

The issue was with transferring the NY registration, because NY doesn't issue titles for that old of a vehicle and Florida was not making it easy to do so.

I am glad I hadn't pulled the trigger on all the stuff I was going to buy for the car.

Thanks again and I will be on the lookout for another. I really liked that one though.

Later,

Drew

mepstein
I hope you find another but you are still welcome here, with or without a 914. beerchug.gif
ddx77

Thank you very much! I will be back. It is truly a great forum!

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 2 2021, 10:56 AM) *

I hope you find another but you are still welcome here, with or without a 914. beerchug.gif

Mikey914
Most of our cars have history. There were decades where $1000 could total a car. Even if the damage was minimal.

If you're looking at a concourse car and are in the 40k plus range, it may be more of an issue.
Tdskip
Seller is a stand up guy. Don’t think they were trying to put one over on anyone.

914s aren’t especially rare so another one will come along.

Thanks for the update.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 2 2021, 12:07 PM) *

Most of our cars have history. There were decades where $1000 could total a car. Even if the damage was minimal.

If you're looking at a concourse car and are in the 40k plus range, it may be more of an issue.

agree.gif Someone posted recently about a car they had with a salvage title because a fender was replaced back in the day after a minor collision. Meanwhile, my car has a clean title even though I've replaced more than a third of the metal on the chassis.

Hopefully you'll find another you like soon! beerchug.gif
Shivers
Sorry to hear that. I hope you will find another...If not, the closest you can come to a 914 would be a shifter kart.
GBX0073
Keep the Faith
A great person on the forum once said .......
The deal of the century/Lifetime occurs once a month smile.gif
Van B
I bought mine in GA, who doesn’t issue titles either, but need to register it in TX. I hope I’m not about to have the same problem.
ddx77

I am no expert but I think as long as you bought it from a private party you are going to be okay. Supposedly a state can only look at the last recorded transaction.

The fact that this car that I bought went from a dealer to a dealer it never transferred officially so that original title carried with it.

This is just my opinion based on being a dealer down here in FL in the past.

QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 3 2021, 05:12 PM) *

I bought mine in GA, who doesn’t issue titles either, but need to register it in TX. I hope I’m not about to have the same problem.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.