Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CIS users 6 conversion fuel hookup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
For those that have run a 911 CIS in there teener did you need a special fitting for the fuel lines? Also where did you place the fuel accumulator and did you use the standard 911 fuel filter or the standard 914 one?
ClayPerrine
You must run metal lines after the pump to run CIS. Don't try to run the plastic lines, that is a recipe for an engine fire. CIS runs very high fuel pressure. Hence the reason for the braided steel lines everywhere.

You will have to braise the threaded flare fitting on the steel lines for the pressure side. And you need to use the CIS fuel filter and accumulator to get it to work correctly.

Hope that helps.

Clay
Root_Werks
Can't claim credit for the location of filter and accumulator as that was done by the PO. He mounted on a modified bracket from the 911 off the battery tray where the D-Jet brain box would have gone.

PITA to replace the filter, but how often do you do that?

Also: Yes, use all metal lines wherever possible.
nditiz1
@Root_Werks - pics or it didn't happen biggrin.gif

@ClayPerrine - so I might be using a 78/79 which comes with plastic lines. I believe those can be swapped to metal. As far as the other metal ones I'm confused. If have metal lines in the tunnel. I'm going to relocate my FP to the frunk somewhere. Are you saying I need metal lines from the tangerine lines into the accumulator?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Nov 4 2021, 03:52 PM) *

@ClayPerrine - so I might be using a 78/79 which comes with plastic lines. I believe those can be swapped to metal. As far as the other metal ones I'm confused. If have metal lines in the tunnel. I'm going to relocate my FP to the frunk somewhere. Are you saying I need metal lines from the tangerine lines into the accumulator?

Mount the fuel pump up front. Looking at a 911 CIS pump... IPB Image

You will note that the pressure connection is a threaded fitting. It actually hooks to a Braided steel line with a banjo fitting on the end. You will need to braise a threaded fitting to match the braided steel line onto the pressure line steel tubing running through the tunnel.

On the other end, you will need to braise a threaded fitting onto the pressure line to hook up the CIS fuel filter. Here is an image of a 911 CIS fuel filter/Accumulator setup.

IPB Image

From there you can use the 911 steel tube to connect up the fuel accumulator. From the accumulator, you run the factory 911 braided steel fuel line to the fuel distributor.

For the return line, you need t braise a fitting on to the steel line in the engine compartment going back to the tank. The tank end of the return line can be a high pressure rubber fuel injection hose.

I hope that helps.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.