Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Stolen in San Antonio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanc
I put this on facebook, but my racecar was stolen on 11/1/2021 from my house. It was in a trailer and I doubt they new what was in it.

Facebook link

Pictures of the car: clingman.org

The trailer was a 29' Pace american trailer with Texas tags. 512-867H
bretth
Ah crap. I hope everything gets returned to you ASAP.
jim_hoyland
Sorry to hear this; if it’s any consolation, another member had the same thing happen on a move with a trailer. Turned out the thrives just wanted the trailer; the 914 was found abandoned and in good shape.
Good luck on the search
ClayPerrine
Post pictures of the car and the trailer.

We will be on the lookout for it.

Clay
campbellcj
That truly sucks - best of luck with recovery and I hope the slimeballs get caught!
SirAndy
sad.gif
bryanc
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 5 2021, 05:46 AM) *

Post pictures of the car and the trailer.

We will be on the lookout for it.

Clay

More pictures of the car are in the link in my signature.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bryanc
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 5 2021, 05:31 AM) *

Sorry to hear this; if it’s any consolation, another member had the same thing happen on a move with a trailer. Turned out the thrived just wanted the trailer; the 914 was found abandoned and in hood shape.
Good luck on the search

I suspect they were just after the trailer as well.
Puebloswatcop
Sorry to hear about this, keeping an eye out in east Texas
bryanc
More serial numbers were asked for, here they are:

The Engine is 6201908, it's a 2.7L case but built to 2.2L size.

Transmission is 003076, but there were two transmissions in the trailer. Not sure which one was in the car.

The cage is custom, so I don't have a number for it.
bryanc
QUOTE(bryanc @ Nov 7 2021, 07:36 PM) *

More serial numbers were asked for, here they are:

The Engine is 6201908, it's a 2.7L case but built to 2.2L size.

Transmission is 003076, but there were two transmissions in the trailer. Not sure which one was in the car.

The cage is custom, so I don't have a number for it.

The transmissions are 901 transmissions.
jim_hoyland
VIN ?
bryanc
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 8 2021, 04:45 AM) *

VIN ?

Oops... I put that in the database here and on facebook, but not in the thread: 4732910241. There is no windshield frame, but I believe the door jamb and front clip numbers are there.

--bryan
jim_hoyland
I put that in the database here

thumb3d.gif
bryanc
Update: Found!

The Bexar County Sheriff called tonight and the trailer and car were found at a property near me. They said they were uh... familiar with the property.

In any case, there is minimal damage to the car and trailer and a missing set of wheels, but beyond that things are ok. I've got some cleanup work to do and will be working on a Ft Knox level security for it and the rest of our property.

--bryan
FlacaProductions
wow - good for you. usually the longer it goes, the lower the chances....
jim_hoyland
Great news ! LoJack or similiar trackers are highly effective ; especially for trailers
Van B
I didn’t post on this thread because I didn’t see a benefit in saying this when you were still looking, but you’re really lucky that car didn’t catch the midnight train to Mexico like almost everything else that gets stolen around there.
Who knows, they maybe were waiting for the holidays when I-35 turns into the southbound flea market.
Congratulations man, you came out avoiding a big L

Van
SirAndy
QUOTE(bryanc @ Nov 12 2021, 05:51 PM) *

Update: Found!

piratenanner.gif
bkrantz
Good news!

I used to run a big chain and padlock through the wheels on one side, and another big chain through the tongue and an anchor I cemented into the ground. Far from theft-proof, but at least a deterrent.
Jett
Great news!
Blue6
Great news.
Shivers
So cool
mate914
That's great! Make sure you press charges.
Matt flag.gif
Pezz
QUOTE(bryanc @ Nov 4 2021, 02:59 PM) *

I put this on facebook, but my racecar was stolen on 11/1/2021 from my house. It was in a trailer and I doubt they new what was in it.

Facebook link

Pictures of the car: clingman.org

The trailer was a 29' Pace american trailer with Texas tags. 512-867H

piratenanner.gif
They should be shot. ar15.gif
BadToTheBown
QUOTE(Pezz @ Nov 13 2021, 09:29 AM) *

I think you're being harsh, I was just thinking castration....
BillJ
QUOTE(BadToTheBown @ Nov 13 2021, 10:51 PM) *

would rather be shot
mate914
I think maybe, just send them back and build a wall. 95% of crimes go unsolved in the Mexico and south of that. Criminals know and abuse that. They for sure don't respect USA laws.
Matt flag.gif
bryanc
QUOTE(BadToTheBown @ Nov 13 2021, 08:51 PM) *

The frustrating thing is the Sheriff knew the property. Basically for many of these situations once the property is 'returned', the incentive to investigate and press charges diminishes considerably. My guess is these guys were career petty theft criminals.

In any case, if I have the chance to, I'll make sure charges are pressed.
Jamie
QUOTE(bryanc @ Nov 15 2021, 09:01 PM) *

QUOTE(BadToTheBown @ Nov 13 2021, 08:51 PM) *

The frustrating thing is the Sheriff knew the property. Basically for many of these situations once the property is 'returned', the incentive to investigate and press charges diminishes considerably. My guess is these guys were career petty theft criminals.

In any case, if I have the chance to, I'll make sure charges are pressed.

Stolen cars and trailers do not constitute definition of "petty theft!" ar15.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I too am very happy for you, I would fly down there immediately if I could take part in beating the hell out of the thieves.
ClayPerrine
I have a suggestion for you...

Get a cheap, pre-paid cell phone. Put a "mommy tracker" program on it, and wire it into the trailer power in a hidden location. The trailer power will keep the phone charged, and if the trailer is ever stolen, you can just go to the website and it will tell you where the trailer is located.

Then just steal it back.

Clay
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 16 2021, 09:32 AM) *

I too am very happy for you, I would fly down there immediately if I could take part in beating the hell out of the thieves.

agree.gif

AZBanks
QUOTE(BillJ @ Nov 13 2021, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(BadToTheBown @ Nov 13 2021, 10:51 PM) *

would rather be shot

Castration by firing squad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbH_Xi_z1Q4
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(mate914 @ Nov 14 2021, 05:18 AM) *

I think maybe, just send them back and build a wall. 95% of crimes go unsolved in the Mexico and south of that. Criminals know and abuse that. They for sure don't respect USA laws.
Matt flag.gif

Happy as hell for @bryanc to get his stuff back but this is stupid @mate914 ^
Being first gen Mexican, a republican, and having property stolen it’s never been anyone Mexican. Plenty of shitty people of multiple ethnicities in the world, immigrants fear deportation citizens don’t fear 3 free meals a day and a rent free bed. Let’s all hope the people responsible see their day in court and pay.
bretth
When I was traveling across the country I put a pad lock on the truck cargo door that had an ear splitting alarm on it if someone moved the lock. Extra peace of mind at least. So glad you got it back.
wonkipop
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 16 2021, 09:48 AM) *

I have a suggestion for you...

Get a cheap, pre-paid cell phone. Put a "mommy tracker" program on it, and wire it into the trailer power in a hidden location. The trailer power will keep the phone charged, and if the trailer is ever stolen, you can just go to the website and it will tell you where the trailer is located.

Then just steal it back.

Clay

yep.

thats what you do.

slightly more secretive dedicated GPS transmitter/transponders get fitted to cars in south africa in big numbers. the cops there can't keep up with car theft. instead they have dedicated security firms who have made a business model out of recovering stolen cars and making arrests. those boys don't muck around either. fully armed and often ex military.

you haven't seen law and order breakdown until you go to SA.
mate914
QUOTE(barnfind9141972 @ Nov 16 2021, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mate914 @ Nov 14 2021, 05:18 AM) *

Matt flag.gif

Happy as hell for @bryanc to get his stuff back but this is stupid @mate914 ^
Being first gen Mexican, a republican, and having property stolen it’s never been anyone Mexican. Plenty of shitty people of multiple ethnicities in the world, immigrants fear deportation citizens don’t fear 3 free meals a day and a rent free bed. Let’s all hope the people responsible see their day in court and pay.

I was talking about Criminals......
Matt flag.gif
jagalyn
Great news...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.