Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S.O.S from France
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat la menace
SOS !
Hello everyone !

I have been in love with this car since I was a kid and recently bought my beautiful Californian.

I'm trying to piece together the history of my 914, after careful investigation I'm stuck in 1992.

My 914 lived in California since 1974 to 1998, after, she lived in Costarica since 1999 to 2019 and after, she comes to Paris in France and now, this is my 914 since 09/01/21 i’m living in Provence, near Marseille in the south of France.
Amazing isn’t ?

I’m trying to know who were the different owners of my little beauty since 1974 to 1992 Thomas Mcechram, who lived at Seal Beach was the last owner that i know. I also know that before embarking for the Costarica at the end of 1998, my 914 spent some time in a garage: AASCO Performance inc located in Anaheim CA 92805.(I got the manager on the phone and he told me his former partners were either retired or dead)

Anyone know how I can find the name of the first owner? the garage that sold it? I admit I am deadlocked now ...

Maybe someone will help me ? smash.gif
Best regards from France !
Patrick
Mail : sawwet@hotmail.com
FlacaProductions
Greetings and welcome to 914world - I feel your pain - I did the same drill with my first 914.

I would suggest re-posting (or having the admin moving it) in the general forum but include the VIN number as well. Sounds like you have some good leads - I'm betting someone here can help.

StarBear
Wow. Maybe the most international 914 I've read about. Interesting. Best of luck! biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
California Department of Motor Vehicles at one time allowed people to obtain the registration history of a CA registered vehicle by filing a request and paying a nominal fee.

The last time I did it was probably 15 years ago and the fee was about $10. For that I obtained the former registered owners names. I do not recall if I was provided the addresses. I likely was as it was a work inquiry and allowed.

It might be worth placing a call to a southern CA DMV and ask to speak with a DMV investigator and see what they can tell you. If you tell them up front you are the current owner and the car has collector value and you are just trying to trace the history as a part of your ownership, that may help. They are serious about confidentiality. confused24.gif

Good luck in your search. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.