Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KMajee
Hello,
took out the original drivers and passenger seat set up and looking to find a good alternative for the drivers seat only. Need something that is low and sets back so that a 6'1" 200lb body can fit. I'm ok to bolt right down to the floor.

any suggestions?

Thanks!
mepstein
The stock seat is one of the best for tall people. Most other seats sit taller than the 914 seat. One hack is to cut the seat cushion in half so you sit lower. You can also make up a custom seat cushion with closed cell foam like you use for sleeping pads. Also, remove the back pad and replace with perlon carpeting to make sure your seat can go all the way back.

welcome.png
JamesJ
Google is your friend to look for any topic you are interested in researching, e.g., "914world seats"
You may find something here...
https://www.classiccarseats.com/
Your waistline is more important than your height and weight when considering seat options.
I could not find anything slim enough in the aftermarket and ended up purchasing a period correct Scheel-Mann seat that will bolt right into the 914 seat frame.

welcome.png
KMajee
QUOTE(KMajee @ Nov 7 2021, 08:53 AM) *

Hello,
took out the original drivers and passenger seat set up and looking to find a good alternative for the drivers seat only. Need something that is low and sets back so that a 6'1" 200lb body can fit. I'm ok to bolt right down to the floor.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

thanks. that's what I'm beginning to think is the best optino.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.