Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turning signal questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KMajee
got all my lights to work except the right side turn signals. no power to the wire? could this be a problem at the steering wheel turn lever? Left side works perfect.

thanksl
914Mels
What year? Have they ever worked for you? Are you putting things back together after a tear down or did they just stop recently?
barefoot
I found an open circuit in one side of the turn signal switch sliding contacts, tried cleaning the contacts with no improvement & couldn't find any broken wires, went with another switch.
KMajee
QUOTE(914Mels @ Nov 7 2021, 04:03 PM) *

What year? Have they ever worked for you? Are you putting things back together after a tear down or did they just stop recently?

don't know. putting things back after a tear down, but not sure if they ever worked. noticed the signal lights on the dash also don't flash anymore..
KMajee
QUOTE(barefoot @ Nov 7 2021, 04:16 PM) *

I found an open circuit in one side of the turn signal switch sliding contacts, tried cleaning the contacts with no improvement & couldn't find any broken wires, went with another switch.

where was the open circuit you are referring to?
KMajee

barefoot
QUOTE(KMajee @ Nov 8 2021, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(barefoot @ Nov 7 2021, 04:16 PM) *

where was the open circuit you are referring to?

Right at the sliding contacts in the turn signal switch. One side showed zero ohms, other side open circuit.
Hope that helps.
914Mels
QUOTE(KMajee @ Nov 8 2021, 01:50 PM) *

don't know. putting things back after a tear down, but not sure if they ever worked. noticed the signal lights on the dash also don't flash anymore..

Time to get out a test light and follow the circuit. If you have one side working you have power to the switch so I'd start probing the wires at the switch and see where it leads to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.