Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The current batch of 914's pulled out of the mud to sell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Just looked at the current Ebay list of teeners for sale and amazed at how many trashed cars with a $500 paint job are listed.

A rare find...One of a kind...super low miles...lots of money spent on this car recently...
...a true collectors car...blah, blah, blah

$28000 and they never cleaned the mud and grass from the suspension before the paint dried. Let the buyer beware.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124982651915?hash=...DQAAOSwJGRhf40e

WTF.gif
SirAndy
blink.gif
Jonathan Livesay
I am sure that they meant $2800.00.
"IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL 001 323 632 9308
I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH MY BEST KNWOLADGE
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING MY AD!"
English may not be in this persons top 3 languages. dry.gif
Shivers
I'm speechless. Really?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384479342326?hash=...HQAAOSwlUxg7Tas
Cairo94507
People looking to take advantage of others. That car is a roach.
rhodyguy
How can a conversion, states H6, ever be considered a "time capsule"? The photos are useless.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 8 2021, 07:33 AM) *

How can a conversion, states H6, ever be considered a "time capsule"?

Because it spent a considerable time sitting in the dirt, which started to encapsulate the car.
rolleyes.gif

73-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 8 2021, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 8 2021, 07:33 AM) *

How can a conversion, states H6, ever be considered a "time capsule"?

Because it spent a considerable time sitting in the dirt, which started to encapsulate the car.
rolleyes.gif

agree.gif
rhodyguy
Oh...patina. dry.gif Now I get it. rolleyes.gif
Root_Werks
RF fender on the first one listed had a lot of body filler.

Second listing looks like a bunch of listing errors. Clearly a 4cyl and if you want $89k for your car, take better pictures.
rhodyguy
6 or 7 shots of tequila and a few beers during an auction and it will look like your dream car come true. Then comes the sunrise, the hangover and the 'what have I done!?' reality.
Unobtanium-inc
Wait, we can sell mud cars now?
FlacaProductions
oh. my. that really hurts, @Unobtanium-inc
Robarabian
This particular car was listed in the LA area Craigslist over by LAX. Chevy conversion car. He was asking like 15,000 a year ago.... The photos then were no better and you could tell it just sat around. I don't believe it was registered when it was advertised.

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 7 2021, 06:53 PM) *

Just looked at the current Ebay list of teeners for sale and amazed at how many trashed cars with a $500 paint job are listed.

A rare find...One of a kind...super low miles...lots of money spent on this car recently...

$28000 and they never cleaned the mud and grass from the suspension before the paint dried. Let the buyer beware.

WTF.gif

73-914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 7 2021, 09:53 PM) *

WTF.gif

PT said it many times
wonkipop
28K buys not just weed wrapped a arms but rare and desirable right hand drive wiper option?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Nov 8 2021, 07:01 PM) *

The great irony is that I found the original case in the barn, and the guy handed me the original title. So it was a matching numbers, one owner car! Now restored in Poland, where apparently anything can be restored economically.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 11 2021, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Nov 8 2021, 07:01 PM) *

The great irony is that I found the original case in the barn, and the guy handed me the original title. So it was a matching numbers, one owner car! Now restored in Poland, where apparently anything can be restored economically.

It seemed to have all the parts, sort of.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.