Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Alternator Cooling Boot Elbow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Woodside914
For my 1971 1.7....anyone have a nice problem-free OEM (or NOS) example to sell?

Thanks,
Ken
JeffBowlsby
This one?

https://914rubber.com/alternator-cooling-boot-1
Woodside914
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 8 2021, 04:07 PM) *

Yes, that is the one, although I was trying to find OEM, as opposed to aftermarket....I'm finding that's easier said than done...
bkrantz
I bought this one. If not OEM, the molding was exactly like my original, including the groove for the retaining clip inside the blower housing. It was delivered with a cheesy worm drive clamp, so I reused the one I had.

https://vwparts.aircooled.net/Alternator-Ai...022-903-655.htm
IronHillRestorations
I'm pretty sure I have an NOS one. How quick do you need it?
GregAmy
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Nov 8 2021, 10:31 PM) *

...the molding was exactly like my original, including the groove for the retaining clip inside the blower housing...

And yet another thing I was not aware of. That would solve a lot of hassles...of course, I expect it would be a PITA to install with the engine in the car...
bdstone914
QUOTE(Woodside914 @ Nov 8 2021, 11:11 AM) *

For my 1971 1.7....anyone have a nice problem-free OEM (or NOS) example to sell?

Thanks,
Ken

@Woodside914
I have one ona shroud i can pull and clean. Yes the OEM fit better and have the groove for the clip

Bruce
Jim C
Can't find where this piece goes. Didn't even realize there was such a part. confused24.gif
GregAmy
QUOTE(Jim C @ Nov 9 2021, 01:41 PM) *

Can't find where this piece goes. Didn't even realize there was such a part. confused24.gif

It's a short rubber boot that goes between the sheet metal on the back of the alternator to a hole in the backside of the cooling fan housing. Provides cooling air to the back of the alternator. If yours is not installed then it leave a hole in the fan housing...

Hey, I'm just learning about the little plastic drains on the bottom of the front trunk, and that our brake master reservoirs had a cover. Can you imagine what we'd learn if we found one of these in a time capsule with 10 miles on it...?
Jim C
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 9 2021, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Jim C @ Nov 9 2021, 01:41 PM) *

It's a short rubber boot that goes between the sheet metal on the back of the alternator to a hole in the backside of the cooling fan housing. Provides cooling air to the back of the alternator. If yours is not installed then it leave a hole in the fan housing...

Hey, I'm just learning about the little plastic drains on the bottom of the front trunk, and that our brake master reservoirs had a cover. Can you imagine what we'd learn if we found one of these in a time capsule with 10 miles on it...?

Thanks. Learn something new all the time.
Woodside914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 9 2021, 05:57 AM) *

I'm pretty sure I have an NOS one. How quick do you need it?

Perry you have mail (YHM)...thanks so much!

-Ken
Woodside914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 9 2021, 08:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Woodside914 @ Nov 8 2021, 11:11 AM) *

Thanks,
Ken

@Woodside914
I have one ona shroud i can pull and clean. Yes the OEM fit better and have the groove for the clip

Bruce

Hi Bruce, thanks for the offer, I'll keep you posted....and, yes the OEM fits much better
Bleyseng
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 9 2021, 11:44 AM) *

The brake master reservoir covers were aftermarket not oem. Those little rubber drain things hardened so they held the water in pretty quickly. That's why everyone ripped them out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.