Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW&PORSCHE Mag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brent
Felix made comments about 8 cyl articles he had scanned. Made me pull some of my favorite 914 articles from the 80's. Here is one that inspired me quite a bit. I have two copies, this is my original worn copy, another is mint condition, ready for framing.
Scott Carlberg
Right on!
I have that issue clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
I have it too.... wink.gif

It has spent many hours with me in the bathroom.
ChrisFoley
I know the current owner of the red car in the inset. The guy who built it (previous owner) is a friend of mine. He also built a yellow Mini Cooper with 914 running gear and rear suspension, and a very fast 914-6 3 liter. smile.gif
The red car got a new nose a few years ago after a traffic boo-boo.
rhodyguy
cover should read "how to spend ALL you money wisely". biggrin.gif i reread the one with the yellow florida car with the blower. in that one, the oil cooler is clearly visible hanging below the front of the car huh.gif .

k
anderssj
I've got a copy in the garage. It looked like the guy that built the red car did a great job--always liked that one.
Brent
Here's an article tease for Felix. Larger originals available at IHOP.
Brent
final article.
URY914
Remember when you used to get all your infomation from magazines?

I would pour over those things. Studying the pictures, re-reading articals.

It seemed like everything was going on in California.

P
Brent
The first thing that hit me was the absense of WWW... .com ...whatever in all the ads.
Grimstead
I used to have a subscription to VW&PORSCHE. I was soo bummed when they switched to European Car.

I just got my collection back from Aaron; I had to show him how we old folks had to get our information before the internet.
URY914
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Jul 29 2005, 09:45 AM)
I used to have a subscription to VW&PORSCHE. I was soo bummed when they switched to European Car.

I just got my collection back from Aaron; I had to show him how we old folks had to get our information before the internet.

I agree. They became the BMW mag after that.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Jul 29 2005, 10:45 AM)

thanks again bill...

was quite entertaining seeing "send us a SASE envelop for info" and to see how much prices have gone up
914forme
Nope that is not the killer here guys.

You used to see adds for real GT parts also. Flares Steel for $400 all four, real GT decklids etc.... I need to see if I can dig up one of the old adds from back in the day. When GT parts where cheap and I did not have the money to pull it off.

Stephen
db9146
You used to see adds for real GT parts also. Flares Steel for $400 all four, real GT decklids etc.... I need to see if I can dig up one of the old adds from back in the day. When GT parts where cheap and I did not have the money to pull it off.

No kidding....one of the articles that I remember was the conversion that they did on a white one that included 911 mirrors. First time I remember seeing that mod. I had a white '76 2.0 at that time and started dreaming then about building a -6. I could barely keep my 914 on the road then so buying some of those parts was well beyond my means at the time. Slowly over the years however, I have collected a pretty good stash of parts so I hope to finally get going on mine soon.

Man how time flies.
Brent
Canceled my subscription not long after it changed to European Car.
Brent
QUOTE (914forme @ Jul 29 2005, 11:01 AM)
Nope that is not the killer here guys.

Stephen

Stephan, do you recall who was the supplier? I can check the mags I have handy right now. Scanner is all fired up. I remember when Troutman in Costa Mesa sold Chrome door handles for $120...... FOR BOTH! blink.gif
914forme
I was thinkig it was Kerry Morse but I can't remeber for sure. I just remeber seeing the ad from the mid 80s and thinking Damn thats where Jon got all his parts. Mr. Lowe also beat me out of a set of 916 rear rotors, from Vertex if I remeber correcly @ $49.00 apiece. Doah!!!!!!!!!

Can't complain Jon hooked me up with some good stuff over the years smilie_pokal.gif good guy good friend sad to see he is now outta the 914 world an Porsches for that matter.
914forme
I have binders full of this stuff all 914 reletated stuff, I can dig and find it. Wanting to convert it over to pdf sometime. Make it a lot easier to find things like that just search for it in spotlight - love that new feature in osx 10.4 wub.gif

Stephen
Brent
Do it, even though I run Windows.

I think there are other historians here that love this kinda stuff. I am definetly one!
markb
QUOTE (Brent @ Jul 29 2005, 03:11 PM)

I think there are other historians here that love this kinda stuff. I am definetly one!

agree.gif
carr914
The only issue I still have is the one with the white car with 911 mirrors and the 914 convertable. Alot of inspiration.

T.C.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brent @ Jul 29 2005, 02:11 PM)

Yeah I had multiple subscriptions in the 80's. Can't say I'm a historian since my memory is limited screwy.gif laugh.gif

Anyone know about copyrights with this out of print material?
db9146
Remember the article they did on a 914 with a 944 turbo front bumper and sloped fenders....painted hot pink???
lol2.gif
Brent
I may have cancelled my subscription by then. What year and month of issue?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.