Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: A Pair of Finned Deep Sumps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GregAmy
I've been hanging into these, trying to decide what I want to do with them. I've decided to let them go. I have dry sump on the race car and one of Rich's tuna can on the street car, so I think that'll do for me.

For sale, a pair of deep sumps. I suspect one is Oberg, I can't really identify the other one. They've clearly been around for a while; note the packaged part from Johnny's Speed and Chrome*...

I'm pretty sure I have enough for two cars but I'd prefer to sell it all in one shot. First, I want to ensure the first person has all the stuff they need; and second, I only want to ship one box.

I know we have to place a price on all sales, but I don't know where to price these. They're classics! biggrin.gif I want enough to go into the race car fund (where all available cash flows go to be cremated) but I don't want to screw anyone. I'll start with $300 shipped and you tell me where I need to be.

I can ship these out anytime, or I'm heading from CT to Orlando then Louisiana over XMas and can carry them down. July 22 update: Current travel plans are Thompson Speedway and New Jersey Motorsports Park in July, and VIR in late September.

Hit me with what you need. - GA

*RIP, I loved that place! Between them and Claude's Buggies, they had just about anything you would ever need. Johnny's has been gone for, what, 25 years? More?
GregAmy
Bump, still have these hanging around. - GA
914sgofast2
ScatVW is selling new ones for $111 each. That may be why there is no interest in these at $300
blabla914
Greg, these look like type 1 vw deep sumps. Unless you happen to find someone crazy enough to be interested in 914s and beetles not sure you will get a lot of actions for these here.

What are the dimensions of the larger one? If it’s what I think it is I would be interested in that.

Kelly
GregAmy
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Jul 4 2022, 08:34 PM) *

ScatVW is selling new ones for $111 each. That may be why there is no interest in these at $300

"I know we have to place a price on all sales, but I don't know where to price these....I don't want to screw anyone. I'll start with $300 shipped and you tell me where I need to be."
QUOTE(blabla914 @ Jul 4 2022, 10:09 PM) *

What are the dimensions of the larger one? If it’s what I think it is I would be interested in that.

Which dimensions? Overall?

If these are common parts I can recycle them for beer money. Just don't want to toss them into a landfill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.