Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: thank you to all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkb081
Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone here. I am not new to the VW/Porsche vehicles. However, sometimes I might have what could be classified as a stupid question with an obvious answer.(can't possibly know everything! Lol) The responses I have received here on this site have all been very informative and helpful. I have posted questions about my VWs on The Somba before. sometimes I get the answer I am looking for. more often than not I see smart ass answers or remarks. or constant redirects to other threads. I no longer bother with that site any longer! Thanks again guys!!
Van B
Same opinion here. Never been on the samba, but I’ve steered clear of forums since I shut down the Ducati forum I used to run 12yrs ago.

I think the main difference here is most folks here are long time 914 owners and have seen the car become more and more rare. So, there’s a heartfelt interest in keeping as many on the road as they can.
Front yard mechanic
I would like to apologize in advance slap.gif
jkb081
QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 8 2021, 08:20 PM) *

Same opinion here. Never been on the samba, but I’ve steered clear of forums since I shut down the Ducati forum I used to run 12yrs ago.

I think the main difference here is most folks here are long time 914 owners and have seen the car become more and more rare. So, there’s a heartfelt interest in keeping as many on the road as they can.

I assume it may have something to do also with the age group. I am 62. At the VW shows, the average age is 20s early 30s. At the Porsche shows, the average age is closer to my age.
Steve
There is a lot of knowledgeable people on this site. You will get smart ass answers from time to time, but they are usually just kidding around.
steuspeed
914World is the best forum on the net. I have other cars and I am on those sites. Nothing close to the 914 owners out there imo.
930cabman
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Nov 9 2021, 01:43 AM) *

914World is the best forum on the net. I have other cars and I am on those sites. Nothing close to the 914 owners out there imo.

Agreed, always helpful and I also would like to extend my thanks to all contributors.
914Sixer
We have one simple rule: There are no DUMB questions. Everyday is a learning opportunity. Try to store some sort of new information between the ears everyday. biggrin.gif
Van B
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 9 2021, 04:39 PM) *

We have one simple rule: There are no DUMB questions. Everyday is a learning opportunity. Try to store some sort of new information between the ears everyday. biggrin.gif

So true. Everyone asks the best questions they can. So, when you see a dumb question… well like I said, they’re doing the best they can lol! slap.gif
bkrantz
QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 9 2021, 04:51 PM) *

So true. Everyone asks the best questions they can. So, when you see a dumb question… well like I said, they’re doing the best they can lol! slap.gif

What about dumb answers? blink.gif
Van B
We wouldn’t have anything to talk about if we stopped being fearlessly incorrect!
wonkipop
QUOTE(jkb081 @ Nov 8 2021, 06:52 PM) *

Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone here. I am not new to the VW/Porsche vehicles. However, sometimes I might have what could be classified as a stupid question with an obvious answer.(can't possibly know everything! Lol) The responses I have received here on this site have all been very informative and helpful. I have posted questions about my VWs on The Somba before. sometimes I get the answer I am looking for. more often than not I see smart ass answers or remarks. or constant redirects to other threads. I no longer bother with that site any longer! Thanks again guys!!

its been pretty hard to have an ego if you own a 914 for the last 50 years.

always nice to run into someone who liked them. thats been my experience.

good you are enjoying your car. stay away from the negatroids. life is too short. beerchug.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Nov 9 2021, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 9 2021, 04:51 PM) *

What about dumb answers? blink.gif

Very true, we have many of these
rhodyguy
This site will save you a nice stack of C notes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.