Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch pedal alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The shaft of the clutch pedal barely rubs against the floor plate. It’s not a serious rub, but it makes a squeak….
I’d like to rotate the shaft an 1/8” inward( doable ?
mepstein
I would take a file or sander to the plate and make a little more room. That is if yo can’t shift the plate a little in the mount.
ndfrigi
Hi Jim, maybe just need to adjust it by turning it counterclockwise?
sixnotfour
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 9 2021, 01:42 PM) *

Hi Jim, maybe just need to adjust it by turning it counterclockwise?

Yup its crooked
SO.O.C914er
Jim just take a little bit of meat off that floor plate and give yourself some room. This will also make it easier to take out and put back in. welder.gif
sixnotfour
Threaded and lock Nut...loosen adjust ..tighten..beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 9 2021, 03:12 PM) *

Threaded and lock Nut...loosen adjust ..tighten..beerchug.gif

Thanks Jeff; just what I wanted to see beerchug.gif
bdstone914
It looks like the clutch pedal needs to be rotated slightly counter clockwise. That will make for less clearance. See if you can shift the board to the right. If not open the hole for the pedal.

Also see how far into the lower arm the pedal extends. The threads only need to be flush with the bottom. Too far in weil reduce the clearance.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 10 2021, 02:04 PM) *

It looks like the clutch pedal needs to be rotated slightly counter clockwise. That will make for less clearance. See if you can shift the board to the right. If not open the hole for the pedal.

Also see how far into the lower arm the pedal extends. The threads only need to be flush with the bottom. Too far in weil reduce the clearance.

Thanks. I ended up enlarging the hole… smile.gif
SO.O.C914er
Jim talk to you about this in detail on Saturday. More thoughts on how to give more adjustment room.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.