Ansbacher
Army 1973-1976 (Bavaria, Germany)
GBX0073
Thanks' to All the Veteran's who served
timothy_nd28
Thanks

USMC 96-01
Dion
Thanks to all members of all branches of the armed services. Remember and give thanks.
914Sixer
Army 69-71
Van B
As someone in the Service, first, you’re welcome. Second, if you’re really thankful for what I and my brothers and sister in arms do, then you need to take a hard look at your politics and what you value.
As someone on staff in DC right now; things are bad. I won’t step too far over the line, and instead just say, what you see on the news is only the tip of the iceberg. The DoD is in a bad way and I don’t see a way to fix it without a change of heart in this country.

Also, if you are offended by what I am saying, then I would suggest you stop saying “thank you for your service”. Either you’re not thankful, or you don’t understand what it means and what veterans actually need from you in order to successfully defend this Nation and our allies across the world.

Van
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 11 2021, 09:13 AM) *

As someone in the Service, first, you’re welcome. Second, if you’re really thankful for what I and my brothers and sister in arms do, then you need to take a hard look at your politics and what you value.
As someone on staff in DC right now; things are bad. I won’t step too far over the line, and instead just say, what you see on the news is only the tip of the iceberg. The DoD is in a bad way and I don’t see a way to fix it without a change of heart in this country.

Also, if you are offended by what I am saying, then I would suggest you stop saying “thank you for your service”. Either you’re not thankful, or you don’t understand what it means and what veterans actually need from you in order to successfully defend this Nation and our allies across the world.

Van

agree.gif

Thank you for your service from a widow of a veteran who passed last December from being exposed to the crap they used in south east Asia.
73-914
Your Welcome
73-914
QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 11 2021, 12:13 PM) *

Van

As an Ex-Trooper 3/7Cav , I can say "I got your six"
bdstone914
Army 68-72.
Saw a homeless Marine vet this morning a jack in the box. Bought him a sandwich. He was saluting every car that came in the drive up line. No vet should be homeless.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 11 2021, 10:13 AM) *

Van

Well said, you walked the line skillfully. I'll add that my service 50 years ago was not voluntary but viewed by the powers of the day to be necessary to preserve our democracy at home. That is the most basic role of our armed forces; to preserve the democracy at the core of our privileges.
Van B
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 11 2021, 01:20 PM) *

Van

agree.gif

Thank you for your service from a widow of a veteran who passed last December from being exposed to the crap they used in south east Asia.

Ma’am, my heart goes out to you for your loss. I definitely understand that the holidays are going to be tough from here on out, and you’re probably dreading the feeling. But, if my experiences have taught me anything, we honor them by living a life they would be proud of.
I think it’s so cool you’re here and carrying on with all us chuckle heads slap.gif

Van
EdwardBlume
We visited Dad today. Honoring all who have served as well.
Shivers

I agree, my guy lost. sad.gif aaaahh, lost his dog...at the park...Here Brandon, let's go Brandon...Here boy...

Van

roblav1
Navy SWO. '84 to '96. Thank you!

Yes, a cheer for Brandon.

DOD is a far cry from what I knew back then. Many of my professors in college served in WWII. Those were people I respected.
Quinn Moore
Yes!, Thanks to all the Veterans. Thank you for your service and sacrifice. And to those that aren't here.
(And spouses, and families of vets).

THANK YOU!

God Bless the USA.
Jonathan Livesay
Click to view attachment
Van B
Lol…. I was a welder for Helliburton when I was going to college; Dick was a dick.
Robarabian
Thank you to all the Veterans for all my freedom. I appreciate it every day.
930cabman
Thank you is not even close to what us "average" non veteran Americans can say. Without all our service members we would be lost. Lets hope our leaders will keep us free.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.