Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center tunnel brake line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
Anyone have experience changing the center tunnel brake line?

Fairly easy or pain the butt?

My pressure regulating valve back by the engine gave up the ghost and the line coming out of the tunnel while not leaking is slightly pitted and thought if there was a good time to change it this is probably it.
9146C
The tunnel brake line is actually two pieces, with the connector under the rear tunnel inspection cover. The smaller back piece comes out of the rear and the long piece is installed through the front.

I (luckily) did mine during my restoration (while the front suspension was out of the car)...it was a one man job.

Likely a two man job to guide the inside (long tube) with the suspension in place.
iankarr
Yep. Just did this. It's not super hard. Just two tips...

1) Make sure the line isn't routed through the hole in the tunnel where the shift rod travels.

2) Take note of how the line which goes from the tunnel to the engine firewall is routed. It's a strange shape and if you put it in backwards, it's difficult to connect the regulator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.