Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Request to ID Heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Fahren Cars
My son Jack began disassembly and inspection of all the motor in the "numbers matching" 1.7 case -- it was kind of rough inside but we think it may be all original with about 108,000 miles based on paperwork. We tried to cross reference the stamping number on the heads but I'm finding conflicting information online.

Can anyone tell if these are 1.7L Porsche heads (this is a '71 914/4) or if the heads maybe from a 2.0L Bus? This stamping number #022 101 372 (no G stamp) doesn't show in the Porsche Parts Catalogue for 914.

Valves are 33mm and 39mm. Bore is 100mm, and deck height is 6.2mm. Round ports. I'm happy to take other measurements if that helps.

I'm not an expert but visual inspection seems heads are in good, rebuildable condition with no cracks or major repairs. We'd like to sell the heads if they have any value to help pay for new heads, but I'm not 100% certain yet what we have. Would like to sort it out before we post for sale. Appreciate your input.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Boy, you have a good question. The head number is a 2.0 bus head but missing the G letter. However the intake should be 37.5 not 39. Checked 3 different paper book sources and cannot find cylinder head.
Nogoodwithusernames
Chambers look like 1.7s, scroll down on my thread over on STF for some photos of my 1.7 build.
https://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=151375
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.