Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Classics parts catalog
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
How about these 914 parts?

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/flash/classic/book7/en-us/
914Sixer
Not much there. Interestingly some Sportmatic 914 parts? Also says in the back 118, 982 were made.
jack20
Agree, not much in the way of 914 parts listed in the catalog but there are more parts being offered through Porsche that aren’t listed. After seeing a new set of curved aluminum targa bar trim pieces on a car at the Anaheim swap meet, I wondered who sells them. The owner said he bought them through Porsche. Mine were dinged in several places so I ordered a pair. This was in 2019. Now I see 914 Rubber has them as well as several of the well-known vendors.

I doubt whomever produced these ever tried to fit them on a car. I spent most of a day trimming, bending and massaging these pieces to fit. The car has never been in an accident. They look great but you’d think Porsche would sell parts that actually fit without modification. Seems that they have simply curated parts from multiple vendors, added the Porsche premium and formed a new revenue stream.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(jack20 @ Nov 14 2021, 03:16 PM) *

Seems that they have simply curated parts from multiple vendors, added the Porsche premium and formed a new revenue stream.

Bingo! first.gif

The Porsche of the long gone past that I used to know and love no longer exists.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.