Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914-6 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
typ14
for sale is my 71 914-6.
It has the original 2l engine, rebuilt 2009. Less then 10k miles driven since.
VIN 9141430.... Built 5/71. All original stickers on the car.
Car was sold first in Oakland, San Francisco.
I bought it 2007 and shipped it 2008 to Germany, where it still is.
Comes wiht toolset, handbook. Handbook was signed by Ferry Porsche 1973.
Car was repainted in the early 70s. Paint is bad, I never cared.
Rust only on the surface, hell hole is ok.
Car starts, runs, drives. German registration.
Can be shipped ot the US, I live currently in New York.

The previous owner had the car since 1979. I am the 3rd owner of the car. (at least I couldn't find more information

$75k
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=814
770]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=814774]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=814778]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Nice. Looks just like the 914-6 that got me hooked. That one was black with the same stripe design. It was owned by Bob Zulkowsky of Metal Craft in the Hayward, CA area. Wonder if this is that car? GLWTS beerchug.gif
morgan_harwell
IFAIK - there are two black 914-6's with that 'smoke' stripe. The one I know about and last saw in person ~1999 in Los Altos, CA., had a 2.7L engine installed (the original 2.0L built to 'S' specs was stored away). It's owner mentioned to me a few times there is a 'sister' car he had seen.
typ14
Hi, I am not sure thats Bob's car. The name sounds familier, I remember it somewhere in the paperwork of the vehicle but I have to look it up.
I bought it in Los Altos in 2007. It came with a 2.7l engine installed, but the original engine came with the car. I rebuilt the original engine again, it is in the car now. Anyhow, the S-spec were just the cams and the pistons.

Regards,
Jan
typ14
It is Bob's old car.
Found an old registration.
Jett
Would love to restore back to original color, but after two full restores I’m hesitant to do another and the out of country complexity makes it even harder.
Cairo94507
I am so glad to see that Bob's car is still around. That car was absolutely spotless and beautiful when it was still relatively new. I do not recall if Bob bought it new, but it was rear-ended and Bob, who was one of the owners of Metal Craft, repaired it and color changed it to black with the smoke stripe. I loved that car.

typ14
Interesting. Now we have the full history. I am the 4th owner. Bob was the second owner, sold the car 1979, this buyer kept the car until 2007 when I bought it.
The repair is good, must have been only an minor damage. Explains why there is the German 914-6 badge on the car and a newer bumper on it.
Anyhow, with the new paint job the car got some attention, as I see here in the forum. The story goes that it once was recognized because of the paint by Ferry Porsche. Now there is his signature in the manual.
May keep the car now ...
Cairo94507
I do not think the damage was really that serious. I remember Bob telling me the story that after the woman rear ended him he got out of the car and said, "Well lady, you sure could have picked a cheaper car to hit."

Bob's business partner, Troy Powell, had a '70 914-6 that was Metallic Blue with GT flares. It was also a spotless car. I do not know whatever happened to Troy or that 6.
siverson
> I do not think the damage was really that serious. I remember Bob telling me the story that after the woman rear ended him he got out of the car and said, "Well lady, you sure could have picked a cheaper car to hit."

True. When I was rear ended in my orange six many years ago at about 5 mph the SUV that hit me had a bent license plate - that's it. My 914 had $12k in repairs.

-Steve

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.