Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reusing FASTEN SEAT BELT light?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Greetings,
On a 74 2.0 can the connector on the back of the FASTEN SEAT BELT light be disconnected without issue? I'd like to use that indicator for a different purpose as my interlock and associated wiring has already been bypassed.....just making sure it's not needed for continuity, etc.

And if it CAN be disconnected, what are the basic + and - connections to illuminate it?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Nov 14 2021, 07:15 PM) *

Greetings,
On a 74 2.0 can the connector on the back of the FASTEN SEAT BELT light be disconnected without issue? I'd like to use that indicator for a different purpose as my interlock and associated wiring has already been bypassed.....just making sure it's not needed for continuity, etc.

And if it CAN be disconnected, what are the basic + and - connections to illuminate it?

The seatbelt light on a 74 only has two wires. A DVM is your friend.
FlacaProductions
Perfect. I’ve been confused the use of different connectors over the years and I’m away from my 914 and doing some planning. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.