Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let’s talk about batteries
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
My current project is to the point of needing a battery. Me and my customer are fans of Optima, but neither one of us has gotten one in years.

What do you have and how do you like it? We want to go with a sealed gel or AGM. It’s going in the stock location. $700 Anti Gravity is not going to happen smile.gif

Thanks for your input!
GregAmy
I was going to post "oh goody another battery thread!" but I like you so I won't.

wink.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 15 2021, 06:03 AM) *

I was going to post "oh goody another battery thread!" but I like you so I won't.

wink.gif

I’ll take all the mercy I can get biggrin.gif Thanks for the link Greg. I was doing the post from my phone and I don’t do well on a search with it.
mate914
I use Deka batteries.
Matt flag.gif
GregAmy
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 15 2021, 09:37 AM) *

I’ll take all the mercy I can get biggrin.gif Thanks for the link Greg. I was doing the post from my phone and I don’t do well on a search with it.

biggrin.gif I hate small phones...and kids that walk on my lawn!

Here's a link to a recent discussion on "small batteries".
yellowporky
I liked this option. had it for about 8 months so far so good
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
Optima no longer makes a group 42 size. What size are y’all getting? Odyssey is out of stock
FlacaProductions
that Yellow Top looks to be a D35
rjames
Ive been very happy with the Odyssey AGM I have.
Van B
Doesn’t have to be an Optima, but everyone with a car worth keeping should be running an AGM at least.

My 914 has a red top Optima and my 996 has a Bosch AGM.
ClayPerrine
I have an Optima red top in every car I own, with one exception. And all of the Optima batteries are the same size and model. So I can interchange them as needed between cars.

Our GMC SUV has a stock battery. But I just inherited it and have not had to change the battery. It will get an Optima when the time comes.

Clay
PanelBilly
I run a plain old Interstate. When the car sits in the garage I leave the engine lid open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.