Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NARP is down- Phoenix body shop recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AZBanks
My son was on his way back to college last night (11/14/2021) around 9:30 in the 914 when he was rear-ended by a chevy truck. Nathan is fine, the car has some damage.
He had just gotten off the freeway and was waiting at a stop light waiting to turn right when he was hit. It wasn't a major hit but the tail light panel is pushed in 1.5- 2 inches. The trunk won't latch and the engine lid won't open without major contact with the trunk lid.

I'll post pictures later.

Does anyone have a body shop in Phoenix they recommend for fixing a 914 the right way?
mate914
Thank goodness your son is ok. I don't have a location for fixing car.
Matt flag.gif
mb911
Patrick Motorsports?
ValcoOscar
Eric-

Sorry to learn of this accident. Nathan is rather tall so I hope he didn't get banged up.

Being rear-ended in our little 914's is one of my worst nightmares. I've seen a few... sad.gif

Best of luck...let us know what you need, I may have some spares.

Oscar
AZBanks
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 15 2021, 09:29 AM) *

Patrick Motorsports?

Yeah, that not likely to happen.

James and his crew are totally unreasonable.

They seem to think that the full restorations they are currently doing on a factory 916 and a factory 914/6 are more important than pulling and repairing the rear panel on my barely driver quality 4 with a horrible paint job. Talk about your messed up priorities. confused24.gif

Steve
You might have to google arizona porsche body shops and call around to find out who has experience with this type of collision. I have used Stuttgart Southwest in Tempe, but not for this type of repair.
mgarrison
I don't want to talk bad about anyone's business, but PMS has left a horrible taste in my mouth, and this is after I purchased my flares & rockers from them and Patrick himself (I had no clue it was the owner)spent 15-20min going over how he preps and fits the flares...which I greatly appreciated. smilie_pokal.gif

They have so many take-off suspension parts, wheels, etc., its staggering - they literally go almost to the ceiling! So, PMS was the first place I tried to get the parts to convert to 5 bolt. Sadly, they wanted $2,000 for a used pair of 911 Bilstein struts WITHOUT any inserts. The sales guy acted like I was crazy when I said they were double the price of everyone else. For $2K you can get brand new Bilstein struts WITH brand new HD inserts from Rebel. It just destroys me that PMS is sitting on all the take-offs that people could be using to improve their cars. For that reason I wont buy from them again, even though they are local for me. ar15.gif

QUOTE(AZBanks @ Nov 16 2021, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 15 2021, 09:29 AM) *

Patrick Motorsports?

Yeah, that not likely to happen.

James and his crew are totally unreasonable.

They seem to think that the full restorations they are currently doing on a factory 916 and a factory 914/6 are more important than pulling and repairing the rear panel on my barely driver quality 4 with a horrible paint job. Talk about your messed up priorities. confused24.gif

AZBanks
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Nov 16 2021, 11:39 AM) *

I don't want to talk bad about anyone's business, but PMS has left a horrible taste in my mouth, and this is after I purchased my flares & rockers from them and Patrick himself (I had no clue it was the owner)spent 15-20min going over how he preps and fits the flares...which I greatly appreciated. smilie_pokal.gif

They have so many take-off suspension parts, wheels, etc., its staggering - they literally go almost to the ceiling! So, PMS was the first place I tried to get the parts to convert to 5 bolt. Sadly, they wanted $2,000 for a used pair of 911 Bilstein struts WITHOUT any inserts. The sales guy acted like I was crazy when I said they were double the price of everyone else. For $2K you can get brand new Bilstein struts WITH brand new HD inserts from Rebel. It just destroys me that PMS is sitting on all the take-offs that people could be using to improve their cars. For that reason I wont buy from them again, even though they are local for me. ar15.gif

I was trying to be sarcastic and funny(and failing)

I have had the opposite experience with PMS.
My car is currently running a 1.8 liter engine I got from PMS. I got everything except the exhaust and transmission for $800. It was the entire engine including fuel injection and engine computer for less than $1000 which seemed like a good deal to me.
michael7810
Hey Eric- Sorry to hear about the accident but happy your son is OK. I’ll ask Dan at Competition tomorrow when I go to work.
bryanc
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 16 2021, 10:20 AM) *

You might have to google arizona porsche body shops and call around to find out who has experience with this type of collision. I have used Stuttgart Southwest in Tempe, but not for this type of repair.

2nd. It's been years now since I lived there, but Stuttgart Southwest was my choice for parts and repairs.
AZBanks
QUOTE(bryanc @ Nov 16 2021, 02:46 PM) *

2nd. It's been years now since I lived there, but Stuttgart Southwest was my choice for parts and repairs.

I have not used Stuttgart SW since I had a really bad experience with a PPI.
AZBanks
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Nov 16 2021, 01:48 PM) *

Hey Eric- Sorry to hear about the accident but happy your son is OK. I’ll ask Dan at Competition tomorrow when I go to work.

Thanks Michael!
Steve
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Nov 16 2021, 08:20 PM) *

Funny, so did I. They did a PPI on a 1996 993 for me back in 2005. They wouldn’t tell me if it was a good buy or not. So I bought it and it was a previously totaled pile of crap.
It was a cabriolet and a local shop had a hell of a time trying to corner balance it.
AZBanks
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 16 2021, 11:17 PM) *

Funny, so did I. They did a PPI on a 1996 993 for me back in 2005. They wouldn’t tell me if it was a good buy or not. So I bought it and it was a previously totaled pile of crap.
It was a cabriolet and a local shop had a hell of a time trying to corner balance it.

They(S-SW) told me the 86 944 turbo I was looking at was a good buy and in great shape.
In reality, it was closely related to the Exxon Valdez in terms of environmental emissions. The under engine tray was held on by a lot more zip ties than bolts. It had a lot of other issues. I guess I got lucky because it didn't have accident/structural issues.
The existing owner had all his work done by S-SW and I wonder if he worked a deal with S-SW to help him unload the car.
Can-Am
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Nov 17 2021, 09:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 16 2021, 11:17 PM) *

They(S-SW) told me the 86 944 turbo I was looking at was a good buy and in great shape.
In reality, it was closely related to the Exxon Valdez in terms of environmental emissions. The under engine tray was held on by a lot more zip ties than bolts. It had a lot of other issues. I guess I got lucky because it didn't have accident/structural issues.
The existing owner had all his work done by S-SW and I wonder if he worked a deal with S-SW to help him unload the car.

Stuttgart SW has some issues like time, space, employees... but, honesty isn't an issue.
If you PM me a couple of pictures of the damage I'll try to come up with some suggestions.
AZBanks
QUOTE(Can-Am @ Nov 17 2021, 11:51 AM) *

Stuttgart SW has some issues like time, space, employees... but, honesty isn't an issue.
If you PM me a couple of pictures of the damage I'll try to come up with some suggestions.

I don't know if it was employee incompetence or dishonesty but I bought the car based on their PPI and then spent thousands fixing things on a car I would not have bought if I knew the true condition of the car going in.
AZBanks
Some pics

AZBanks
more

AZBanks
last

michael7810
Hey Eric I sent you a text with the name of the body & paint shop that Competition Engineering uses. Good luck, it doesn’t look too bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.