Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is it......?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
When I send a nice letter to someone who is misrepresenting something, he comes off like I didn't read the add and that I don't know what I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:B:RTQ:US:1

ME: Are you sure this is a 914/6 Tranny? The linkage on the tail cover is a 914/4 tailshift style. bs.gif

Bugpass: hi if you read the add that is the info i have on it.bid and it's free shipping in lower 48 states

ME: That's OK, but it still is not a 914/6 Tranny and shouldn't be represented as such. The car is probably a 914/4 converted to a 6. What is the VIN of the car from which it was removed?

Friggen thing doesn't even have a throttle linkage installed.

Yack.gif
Red-Beard
Update:

ME: Please review this tech spec

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...hassis_info.htm

The 914/6 Tranny, even in 1971, is clearly a 914/01. You have stated correctly that it is a 914/11, which makes it a 4 cylinder tranny.

4 Cyl, tailshift trannies go for maybe $100. I know, I buy them to use the good parts in Sideshift rebuilds.
Eddie Williams
After reading his illiterate ad, he probably doesn't understand what you are trying to say.
lapuwali
Hey, he has one idiot who's already bid on it, so contact that bidder, or just lets fools and their money part...
tdgray
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jul 28 2005, 02:11 PM)
Hey, he has one idiot who's already bid on it, so contact that bidder, or just lets fools and their money part...

Good God... I saw that too wacko.gif

What an idiot that guy must be screwy.gif
lapuwali
I note the one bid has been withdrawn...
Red-Beard
Yeah, I bet the seller is probably pissed off at me...
Mueller
"If" and that's a big "if" it only had 3500 original miles...sideshifter or not, I'd pay $600 for it.....
Red-Beard
Who would buy a 914/4 new and then do a 6 conversion on it and by 1983 it only have 3000 miles on it?

Something smells.... stromberg.gif
redshift
Yeah, the guy is a fucking liar... move-on.org.com.gov....

laugh.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.