Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New 123dizzy Group Buy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
timothy_nd28
It seems we have a few people that expressed interest for another group buy, so I reached out to Ed at 123ignition. Ed has graciously agreed to put something together for us. He also mentioned that they will be closed for most of December, but will still take orders.

Ed told me: 1-5 people will get 5% off. 6-10 people, would be 10% off. 11+ people, is 12% off. (no more free shipping)

Group Buy 11/17/2021 thru 1/15/2022

Coupon code: 914world22 (all lower case)
Please order using this site: 123ignitionusa.com

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
* Newest bluetooth model for D-jet

1. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.
2. Hardcoded advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.
3. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with output for D-Jet This is the unit to choose for stock D-Jet users.
4. Custom bluetooth tunable advance curves with vacuum, with bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. This is the best unit for carbs, L-Jet, aftermarket FI
5. Custom laptop tunable advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.

This group buy will also apply for other engines such as the 911 six cylinders.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZ2xj6SAfI
timothy_nd28
I should also add that if you do buy one, pay the extra and get the bluetooth version. I love mine, and I'm very happy with the bluetooth version vs the others.
NARP74
Would I need anything else? New coil, different wires?
timothy_nd28
The 123 dizzy plays nicely with the stock components
jcd914
Well, I tried to order mine but it won't except the coupon code.

Jim
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 18 2021, 02:06 AM) *

Jim

Try it again, my bad.
Ed
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Nov 17 2021, 06:26 PM) *

So here is the way I look at it.
If your components are relatively new and in good shape no. However make sure your coil is 1ohm resistance or higher. Stay away from square coils.

The idea is, why not make the ignition system the best it can be if you are tuning it up with a new distributor.

Old coils can't be trusted. The wires, caps and rotors are all consumables and should be a regular part of any tuneup. Just my two cents of course. The decision is always yours.

Hope this helps
Ed
123ignitionusa
Thanks Tim and those who instigated this group buy.
I will try to help with questions to the best of my ability.
I might add that all refunds will wait until we reach our goal of eleven.
Thanks Again
Ed

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Nov 17 2021, 01:27 PM) *

It seems we have a few people that expressed interest for another group buy, so I reached out to Ed at 123ignition. Ed has graciously agreed to put something together for us. He also mentioned that they will be closed for most of December, but will still take orders.

Ed told me: 1-5 people will get 5% off. 6-10 people, would be 10% off. 11+ people, is 12% off. (no more free shipping)

Please order using this site: 123ignitionusa.com[/b]

1. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.
2. Hardcoded advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.
3. Hardcoded advance curves with no vacuum, no bluetooth, with output for D-Jet This is the unit to choose for stock D-Jet users.
4. Custom bluetooth tunable advance curves with vacuum, with bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. This is the best unit for carbs, L-Jet, aftermarket FI
5. Custom laptop tunable advance curves with vacuum, no bluetooth, with no output for D-Jet. Will work with engines that have carbs, L-Jet or aftermarket FI. Will not work with D-Jet.

Luke M
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Nov 18 2021, 07:24 AM) *

Thanks Tim and those who instigated this group buy.
I will try to help with questions to the best of my ability.
I might add that all refunds will wait until we reach our goal of eleven.
Thanks Again
Ed

Please order using this site: 123ignitionusa.com[/b]

Does this GB apply to 911 distributors as well?
timothy_nd28
This group buy applies to any distributor you want
jim_hoyland
Nice smile.gif am I correct that there is no blue-tooth version for L-Jet that doesn’t use the vac lines ?
RFoulds
Love my 123 Dizzys. The first one went in the stock 2.0 D Jet Bahia red car. Porsche Classic Dealer told me the absolutely loved how easy it made it to tune my car

Second one is in the green race car. Bluetooth connection to the app running on a burner smart phone from Walmart and I have a cockpit tunable set up and a mini digital dash.
jcd914
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Nov 18 2021, 05:45 AM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 18 2021, 02:06 AM) *

Jim

Try it again, my bad.
Ed

Got mine ordered, Thanks!

Jim
jcd914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 18 2021, 02:53 PM) *

Nice smile.gif am I correct that there is no blue-tooth version for L-Jet that doesn’t use the vac lines ?

Jim,
I only see the 2 Blue tooth versions for the 4 cylinder engines.
Reading through their info it looks like you can use the Blue Tooth version with or without the vacuum.
It has the vacuum port but you don't have to use vacuum advance or vacuum retard in your timing curve.

Jim

jcd914
Just to spread the word:

You all expressed interest in a new 123ignition group buy.
So if you are still interested, here it is.

@mepstein
@FifthOrb
@wbgoggans
@TX914
@strawman

Jim
r_towle
Pppffffdttttttt I want laptop tunable , Bluetooth WITH output for djet

Hmmmmm
davep

So this must be option 6:
D-jet + Bluetooth + vacuum
Sounds ideal for a stock D-jet system
What cap and rotor are used with this system? Parts availability?
jcd914
From a manual on their website:
Click to view attachment
Magicscott1
I just ordered the bluetooth version for my ride using the group buy code! She's running great now and I'd love to see the improvements from the 123 dizzy!

Thanks for setting up this group buy!

Magic
timothy_nd28
I have been doing a terrible job proctoring this group buy so here is a very deserving icon_bump.gif
emerygt350
I just bought one, doh, otherwise I would join in. Great product and sooo worth it. Put your old dizzy on the shelf as a museum piece.
Van B
Do they have a programmable model that works with L-Jet? I only see listings specified for D-Jet.

Van
Van B
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 19 2021, 10:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 18 2021, 02:53 PM) *

Jim,
I only see the 2 Blue tooth versions for the 4 cylinder engines.
Reading through their info it looks like you can use the Blue Tooth version with or without the vacuum.
It has the vacuum port but you don't have to use vacuum advance or vacuum retard in your timing curve.

Jim

I think the preference is to get rid of the vacuum advance, but that will only work if there is an ability to mimic the vacuum retard function at idle. Otherwise, cold starts will be impossible.
Str1974
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Nov 18 2021, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Nov 17 2021, 06:26 PM) *

So here is the way I look at it.
If your components are relatively new and in good shape no. However make sure your coil is 1ohm resistance or higher. Stay away from square coils.

The idea is, why not make the ignition system the best it can be if you are tuning it up with a new distributor.

Old coils can't be trusted. The wires, caps and rotors are all consumables and should be a regular part of any tuneup. Just my two cents of course. The decision is always yours.

Hope this helps
Ed

I highly recommend the 123 dizzy with bluetooth. Was easy to install and works great with my L-Jet fuel injection.
Front yard mechanic
Worst time ever for group buys ? christmas is the time of year when I unload on everyone else not me self. I'll just wait and pay full price at Valentine's Day for my love
nivekdodge
I just bought one from Ed too. Poop
IronHillRestorations
I ran into some trouble with the install and got some excellent support! These distributors are AWESOME! I highly recommend spending the extra money and getting the Bluetooth version, the extra features are worth it.
JeffBowlsby
Should we have concerns with the Bluetooth versions?

It’s functionality, original setup and long term tuneup and maintenance are tied to an interface with a cell phone. What happens when you change phones? Will a future owner or mechanic be familiar with it enough or have the tools needed to troubleshoot or adjust? What happens in a few years when the electronics go bad or the current software is not supported either by 123 or the phone mfr. and the only fix is a new $800-1500 (by then) dizzy?

The simplicity of an original mechanical dizzy gives me comfort, relying on something that can work and be serviceable for decades. Yup I am one of those that still run points, with no issues.
IronHillRestorations
The problem I had was nothing to do with the distributor. Distributors do have wear concerns. As long as you don’t password protect your 123 distributor, you shouldn’t have a problem. The Bluetooth version does have a disable function,l
GBX0073
Jeff
I hear what your saying ,everything is an app now
to answer one concern, you use the app to program and lock in your settings
you do not have to have your phone at all times, just with the phone hooked up you get an extra set of gauges and can tune on the fly
Bluetooth has anti-theft feature to prevent the car from starting that is nice for peace of mind
if you hang onto your old cell phone you would still have the app down the road if support stops

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 25 2021, 01:49 PM) *

Should we have concerns with the Bluetooth versions?

It’s functionality, original setup and long term tuneup and maintenance are tied to an interface with a cell phone. What happens when you change phones? Will a future owner or mechanic be familiar with it enough or have the tools needed to troubleshoot or adjust? What happens in a few years when the electronics go bad or the current software is not supported either by 123 or the phone mfr. and the only fix is a new $800-1500 (by then) dizzy?

The simplicity of an original mechanical dizzy gives me comfort, relying on something that can work and be serviceable for decades. Yup I am one of those that still run points, with no issues.

JeffBowlsby
The need for a cell phone for this one model is the heart of the concern. Most people I know change cell phones every 3-5 years, which might be the limit of this items usefulness if it needed some repair or tuning down the road. Then it would become just a boat anchor. I think the better version is the non Bluetooth version for only that reason,
timothy_nd28
From my understanding, the timing curve is stored inside the 123dizzy, not your phone. If your phone becomes lost,stolen, or upgraded, the dizzy will still run off the last uploaded timing curve.

For lost or stolen phones AND you selected the immobilizer feature on the app to immobilize your 914, then there is a reset procedure for the 123dizzy for it to work with your new phone. This reset procedure is a soft reset that supposedly resets the login credentials but doesn't erase the last uploaded timing curve.

Maybe Ed can further clarify or correct me on my understandings on the bluetooth models
GBX0073
Tim is Correct

You Load your programed Curve into the 123 from your phone and its stored So you do not need your phone to operate your car .

Jeff's earlier concern on the 123 bluetooth being app based ...
is if your battery is disconnected how long the 123 can hold /retain that program info in memory?
That is the unknown question

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Dec 26 2021, 08:28 PM) *

From my understanding, the timing curve is stored inside the 123dizzy, not your phone. If your phone becomes lost,stolen, or upgraded, the dizzy will still run off the last uploaded timing curve.

For lost or stolen phones AND you selected the immobilizer feature on the app to immobilize your 914, then there is a reset procedure for the 123dizzy for it to work with your new phone. This reset procedure is a soft reset that supposedly resets the login credentials but doesn't erase the last uploaded timing curve.

Maybe Ed can further clarify or correct me on my understandings on the bluetooth models

Highland
A few fundamental questions for those of you that already have one of these.

1) First just want to confirm BT TUNE+ Porsche 4-R-V-IE is the correct one to get for 2L stock D-Jet car. Is the USB version identical (tuning SW) with the exception of the USB cord and lack of security passcode?

2) How does the vacuum advance and retard work? Is it completely electronic or does it still need to sense vacuum to mechanically or electronically advance and retard? Is the idle retard part of the selected curve or is it programmed independently?

3) If utilizing the passcode, I assume once the car starts you can turn off your phone. Is that correct?

4) If the BT is not functioning, is it possible to program the distributer using a USB or other means? Is there an SD card in which the curves are stored?

5) When removing the current distributer, do most people just manually pull or use a mechanical puller of some sort?
123ignitionusa
Hi, hopefully here are some clarifying remarks on the 123ignition. You can also visit the mfg website 123ignition in the Netherlands or the help page of 123ignitionusa. Just click the underlined link of your choice.
1) The phone app is not an issue as the app continually upgrades via the mfg and developer. The BT has been available since 2011 and refined from bugs along the way. Get a new phone? If the app is not ported over reinstall it. Each time you open the app on the device page of the app just tap on the device last seen.
2) The TUNE+ Porsche 4-R-V-IE is correct for the D-Jet. IE is the D-Jet identifier.
3) The vacuum advance depends on a vacuum signal to enable the digital vacuum in the distributor. No vacuum connected, no signal, no vacuum advance
4) These come with a generic program in them. Not intended for any one motor. Idle retard has to be programmed in. See the help page on my website 123ignitionusa.com or go to the mfg website 123ignition.com
5) The pass code protects from someone accessing your distributor. The imobilize feature prevents theft.
6) They are not interchangeable. You order either a BT or a USB
7) Any dIstributor I ever removed comes out by hand once the clamp is removed.
8) The program will last indefinitely in the distributor even without power. Just like any computer that has been denied power when it is finally energized it will boot up with the stored information.

Hope I addressed all of the questions. I have been retailing these distributors here in the US since 2007 with a very good track record. Your group has many successful installations and great support. Thanks for asking the questions I will try my best to address what I can.
Ed

QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 26 2021, 11:19 PM) *

A few fundamental questions for those of you that already have one of these.

1) First just want to confirm BT TUNE+ Porsche 4-R-V-IE is the correct one to get for 2L stock D-Jet car. Is the USB version identical (tuning SW) with the exception of the USB cord and lack of security passcode?

2) How does the vacuum advance and retard work? Is it completely electronic or does it still need to sense vacuum to mechanically or electronically advance and retard? Is the idle retard part of the selected curve or is it programmed independently?

3) If utilizing the passcode, I assume once the car starts you can turn off your phone. Is that correct?

4) If the BT is not functioning, is it possible to program the distributer using a USB or other means? Is there an SD card in which the curves are stored?

5) When removing the current distributer, do most people just manually pull or use a mechanical puller of some sort?
Porschef
I have a 123. biggrin.gif Bluetooth version, Ljet

It’s not password protected idea.gif but I see no reason to do so as the disable function is adequate

I was having phone issues, the app was disabled and I was not able to open it. sad.gif

Car ran on last known settings without any problems smile.gif

I got the phone issues ironed out, and opened the app beer.gif

Just went out to see what the deal was, and it connected immediately biggrin.gif

I’ve spent money on some silly/stupid things in my life but this definitely was not one of them, my car runs far better with this than ever expected beerchug.gif
jim-c
I just placed an order for BT D Jet
Highland
Just ordered mine with D-Jet and BT.
123ignitionusa
Good morning from Sunny Northern Ohio.
In case you are wondering we just reached 5 orders.
6-10 will get 10%
over 10 will get 12%
All refunds will be processed next week
motofoto
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Jan 15 2022, 09:10 AM) *

Good morning from Sunny Northern Ohio.
In case you are wondering we just reached 5 orders.
6-10 will get 10%
over 10 will get 12%
All refunds will be processed next week

Just made it #6! You're welcome guys. ;-)
relentless
Nuts, just spotted this (been in a med facility due to covid shot) & missed out by a day!
Cjsnowman
Any more group buys coming up? I am looking to get a whole setup. Dizzy, wires, and coil. Or anyone know if they give package discounts
narino
QUOTE(Cjsnowman @ Jun 19 2022, 05:14 PM) *

Any more group buys coming up? I am looking to get a whole setup. Dizzy, wires, and coil. Or anyone know if they give package discounts

Snowman - I'm looking at buying one soon. Anyone else need one? Maybe we can get 4 more people?
SA-914
I might be interested...
nditiz1
Dion and me might be in depending on what he finds. I don't think it is limited to the flat 4 version so anyone thinking about it for their 6 could hop in.
dlee6204
I’d buy one if there was another GB.
Dion
@narino are you going to be point man, organizing. Looks like we have a decent group.
Possibly make it work?
Cheers
narino
Good news all, I spoke to Ed early this morning and he said he'd give me the 5% discount anyhow. He gave me a code and I put my order in through the website directly.

Give him a call, I'm sure he'd be happy to give you guys the discount as well.
Dion
@narino good for you man, that’s cool. Ok I’ll try and ring him tomorrow. I need some questions answered. I had emailed but a call maybe better. Hopefully he can extend some discounts to the rest of us.
Cheers
Cjsnowman
Thank you. Just to make I have the correct number, it is 440-668-8164?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.