Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention Shippers: USPS Service Suspension to Australia, Germany, New Zealand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
Found this out after trying to ship a package to Austraiia. It got returned twice. The USPS keeps the package for a couple weeks then returns it with a sticker " Mail Service Suspended Return to sender"

List of countries on no ship list:
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-ale...MzcyNDQyNjYuMA..

Full info :
https://blog.stamps.com/2021/09/02/usps-ser...Post%20Standard
Shivers
That sucks. First material costs and now you can't get the product there even if you can afford to make them. Now how will I get those Koala Bear skin seat covers
rhodyguy
Priority Mail Express International not impacted. That sounds like an expensive option.
wonkipop
the problem is at this end (aus) and its to do with australia post.

air freight is/was pretty much coming into sydney.
i tracked a few packages from the US sent by USPS earlier this year and noted that both arrived in the country via sydney from west coast usa. nothing comes in the other direction from east coast via europe. zero.

there have been covid outbreaks in both sydney and melbourne.
a lot of workplaces have been stuck with draconian govt. shutdowns if there is a covid outbreak in the workforce. basically one worker gets vid and all other workers are classed as close contacts. all have to stay home and self isolate for 14 days.
shuts down your operation just like that. not once but repeatedly. its barely been worth being a business for the second half of 2021.

the private company freight couriers are way smarter and have their setups geared to this problem. somehow they are able to manage the problem without losing all their staff if one of them cops the vid.

i think at this end USPS with priority post are connected to a private freight courier - its not going through australia post who are their usual partners on other mail.

thats whats going on.

the problem might start to go away.
east coast australia is now 90+% vaccinated.
in nsw and vic the two biggest states all restrictions have virtually been lifted in relation to movement, gatherings, restaurants, etc.
and workplaces have had restrictions eased in terms of infected workers.
no longer shut everyone up for 14 days.
it ought to be back to normal soon.

i hope so.
maltese falcon kindly sent me a "dunpy" so i'm hoping he gets here.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 18 2021, 12:14 PM) *

Priority Mail Express International not impacted. That sounds like an expensive option.

We had to switch to this for AUS shipments, it costs a lot more.
Front yard mechanic
What do you think the the S stands for in their name confused24.gif
Ansbacher
I just received an order from Tasmania (AUS) routed through Sydney and it took no time at all to get to Florida (USA). Guess everything is not affected by this ...???...

Ansbacher
Midway
I have items on the way from Pelican Parts for my land shark. Things take a while in the US and often sit in Austalia for a time before it gets moving again (customs etc). I and others have seen things all of a sudden get moving again when enquiries are made!
Example of current progress... they must be somewhere, may arrive for Christmas.

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 9:30 AM
United States

Flight Departed
Saturday, November 13, 2021 7:16 AM
United States

Added to Master
Thursday, November 11, 2021 6:53 AM
United States

Parcel Scanned at Origin Hub
Tuesday, November 9, 2021 6:52 AM
BELL CA 90201 US

Dispatched by US Carrier
Tuesday, November 9, 2021 6:08 AM
Shipment Imported Into APG
Tuesday, November 9, 2021 0:52 AM
BELL CA 90201 US

Sorted by US Carrier
Tuesday, November 9, 2021 0:08 AM
BELL CA 90201 US

Processed by US Carrier
Friday, November 5, 2021 2:44 AM
Shipment Information Received
ChrisFoley
I don't ship to Australia very often but a few weeks ago had to resort to Priority Express International for a small package. It added nearly $25 to the shipping cost.
Hopefully the Aussies get things back under control soon, but the US has plenty of supply chain issues right now too.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Nov 18 2021, 05:36 PM) *

Gibralter well over 90% vaccinated and problem isn't going away. Hmm idea.gif

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/chris...ns-b966816.html

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Nov 19 2021, 06:36 AM) *

I don't ship to Australia very often but a few weeks ago had to resort to Priority Express International for a small package. It added nearly $25 to the shipping cost.
Hopefully the Aussies get things back under control soon, but the US has plenty of supply chain issues right now too.

I ended up sending UPS standard and it was the same price as flat rate Priority mail.
wonkipop
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Nov 19 2021, 06:36 AM) *

yes that was also so in late 2020/early 2021 when USA was getting flogged by the vid.
stuff was taking weeks just to leave a local vicinity USA post office if you used US post.
it would inch its way across the USA for weeks. then once it left the ground in LA it was in Australia and at your door within 3-4 days wherever you were in aus.

now its the other way round. the vid is kind of calmed in nsw where the stuff lands so it should all start moving smoothly again. except its an xmas rush so thats going to jam things for a bit too.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Nov 19 2021, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Nov 18 2021, 05:36 PM) *

Gibralter well over 90% vaccinated and problem isn't going away. Hmm idea.gif

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/chris...ns-b966816.html

Click to view attachment

yep, its all a dream.
i think about the only thing you can say is fewer people end up really sick.
we live in hope?
even that has to be tested in the real world.

looks like you get a lull for about 3-4 months in best case scenario.
but thats it.
which might mean the mail works at least for the summer. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.