Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Position
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
windforfun
Do I have my seats in wrong? Given the different heights of the top back screws, did I install my seats incorrectly? Thanks.
johnhora
You have them in correct placement....the seat rear thicker top part goes to the outside...if you go to the back of the car and look over the rear trunk into the rear window you will see that there is a curve downward to each outside....the top of the seat fills this space visually...looks good
windforfun
QUOTE(johnhora @ Nov 18 2021, 01:07 PM) *

You have them in correct placement....the seat rear thicker top part goes to the outside...if you go to the back of the car and look over the rear trunk into the rear window you will see that there is a curve downward to each outside....the top of the seat fills this space visually...looks good

Many thanks. You've a good eye!!!
Root_Werks
Dang, I never noticed that before. Learn something new everyday!
Jamie
QUOTE(windforfun @ Nov 18 2021, 11:13 AM) *

Do I have my seats in wrong? Given the different heights of the top back screws, did I install my seats incorrectly? Thanks.

I believe all driver seats have a L side notch for the handle of the hand brake.
windforfun
QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 18 2021, 04:27 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Nov 18 2021, 11:13 AM) *

I believe all driver seats have a L side notch for the handle of the hand brake.

Mine doesn't, but there's a notch in the long for the handbrake.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Dave_Darling
IIRC, the 72+ driver's seats have a divot for the handbrake. That's in addition to the notch in the long. Not sure about the seats in the early cars with the "floppy" handbrake handle.

--DD
windforfun
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 18 2021, 06:08 PM) *

IIRC, the 72+ driver's seats have a divot for the handbrake. That's in addition to the notch in the long. Not sure about the seats in the early cars with the "floppy" handbrake handle.

--DD

My "73 seat doesn't have a divot. FYI. Cheers.
Jamie
QUOTE(windforfun @ Nov 19 2021, 07:39 AM) *

--DD

My "73 seat doesn't have a divot. FYI. Cheers.

But my '73 does, and seats are original!
PCH
This doesn't address the seats. Sorry to hijack the tread but it looks like your engine lid has the same fit problem as mine. The lid at the front doesn't come all the way up to the rubber seal at the rear window.

I've looked at mine very closely, and I don't see any signs of repair of the hinges. Has yours had a repair? I'm beginning to wonder if some came from the factory like that after a suds filled lunch.
windforfun
QUOTE(PCH @ Nov 19 2021, 12:30 PM) *

This doesn't address the seats. Sorry to hijack the tread but it looks like your engine lid has the same fit problem as mine. The lid at the front doesn't come all the way up to the rubber seal at the rear window.

I've looked at mine very closely, and I don't see any signs of repair of the hinges. Has yours had a repair? I'm beginning to wonder if some came from the factory like that after a suds filled lunch.

The lid is perfectly flush with the rubber seal (all the way up & touching). The seal looks blue from the reflected light. The lid is about 1/8" lower than the fixed side panels at the seal. One of the hinge mounts had to be welded because it was slightly loose (but not broken off). Happy Friday & speaking of suds...

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
rgalla9146

If you have no relief on the the left side of either seat you probably have two passenger
seats.
Early "floppy" hand brake cars had the relief too.
windforfun

--DD

You're correct. My driver's side seat does have a divot. I put a little more light on the subject, so to speak.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.