Next week, walls!

Click to view attachment
mlindner
Very nice, snow is coming. Should hold 6 to 8 914's. Best, Mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Nov 19 2021, 02:18 AM) *

Next week, walls!

Click to view attachment

looks good! what kind of structure, Stick built or Morton metal frame/siding type?
Shivers
Cool! Big. I do not see anchors or rebar, this a steel building? How big?
Jett
Looks great! We have been building a new garage for the teeners but after 12 months we have at least three to go.

Did you do radiant heating? That concrete will warmup nicely.
GeorgeRud
Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 19 2021, 08:04 AM) *

Lol that is one big garage! I thought our 5Ksqft building was big smile.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Nov 19 2021, 01:18 AM) *

Next week, walls!

Click to view attachment

Fon Du Lac...hmmm....we could be best friends! biggrin.gif
mlindner
Looks like three garage door and a few floor drains. Cool
Root_Werks
Very cool! We deferred our 2 car shop due to supply and worker issues. Sucks, but is what it is.
rick 918-S
I'm in the same boat. Concrete has been done but can't get on my contractors schedule. It snowed last week but lucky it melted. I need to get this building up. So I took a week off work and I and making progress.
Click to view attachment
pfreiburger
Hello all, thanks for the kind words. In regards to your questions & comments:

The structure is 2”x6” stud walls. In my township metal buildings are prohibited in my area, which is zoned residential. Also, roof & exterior finish on accessory buildings must match the main house.

Yes, they did use rebar but my contractor wants to place his own anchor bolts. The building size is 39’ x 40’, an odd size, but it is the largest I was allowed to build, based on the size of my property – I had to buy another ½ acre to get it up to that size.

Unfortunately, no in-floor heat. It was part of my original plan, but getting water in and sewer out blew up my budget and I had to cut some things. My property has a lot of ledge rock, and 3 days of digging it up & breaking it up was a $ killer.

Yes Chris, would love to have you & your 914 take a road trip & visit, but I do plan on using ALL of the space. Sorry!

There are 3 overhead doors and 3 floor drains. The toilet & utility sink will be roughed in for me to complete later.

I have been very lucky with materials so far. One possible hitch is the overhead doors, which are 3-4 weeks out yet (ordered 5-6 weeks ago). If they are here in 3 weeks, that would be about right.

Rick, yeah you do need to get it done – you have REAL winter up there! (Also, you live in a most beautiful part of the country.). Great pic of your construction, please keep the progress reports coming.

Will post again when there is more to see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.