Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idle bleed screw on 73 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
Wondering if the idle screw should be capable of completely closing off the air bleed. I noticed today that when mine is screwed All the way in it still allows air through the channel. If I put my thumb over the channel the idle drops another 200 rpm.
rjames
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Nov 19 2021, 12:02 PM) *

Wondering if the idle screw should be capable of completely closing off the air bleed. I noticed today that when mine is screwed All the way in it still allows air through the channel. If I put my thumb over the channel the idle drops another 200 rpm.

I think that's pretty typical, either because it's worn or just not machined such that it doesn't completely close. At least that's the case on my original high mileage '75 TB and another NOS '73 throttle body I bought a while back.

I keep planning to modify mine so it fully seals, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
emerygt350
I would like to do that as well. Any idea what massaging would allow it to seal?

I made the mistake of cleaning it and now it is worse ....
iankarr
When I fully close my bleed screw the engine dies.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(iankarr @ Nov 19 2021, 04:00 PM) *

agree.gif

Thats the way it should be, the engine should die with no intake aire source. Otherwise you have a free air leak somewhere in the intake that overrides the air bleed screw function.
emerygt350
Yeah, if I thumb over the bleed port and the hole in the butterfly, the engine dies.

So i take it my condition is not 'stock' then. I would like to fix this....
rjames
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 19 2021, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(iankarr @ Nov 19 2021, 04:00 PM) *

agree.gif

Thats the way it should be, the engine should die with no intake aire source. Otherwise you have a free air leak somewhere in the intake that overrides the air bleed screw function.

The leak is from the bleed screw port. For some at least, screwing it in all the way doesn’t fully seal it.
emerygt350
Plugged it with some hot glue gun action...
emerygt350
Held up nicely 2 hours on the freeway and 10 pulls at the Dyno. Can recommend.
emerygt350
Anyone have a link to the business that rebuilds the throttle body? I tried searching but nothing came up.
adolimpio
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Nov 20 2021, 06:12 PM) *

Anyone have a link to the business that rebuilds the throttle body? I tried searching but nothing came up.

This guy rebuilds them - Phil
emerygt350
QUOTE(adolimpio @ Nov 20 2021, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Nov 20 2021, 06:12 PM) *

This guy rebuilds them - Phil

Thanks! Winter is coming....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.