Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECU
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkb081
Looked through the forums, could not find anything on rebuilt or newer updated version of ECU for 914s. I see tips and advice for repairing or rebuilding everything else, except the ECU. Can someone direct me to the correct forum/thread that addresses this? My car: 73 1.7, thanks in advance!
rjames
QUOTE(jkb081 @ Nov 21 2021, 08:08 PM) *

Looked through the forums, could not find anything on rebuilt or newer updated version of ECU for 914s. I see tips and advice for repairing or rebuilding everything else, except the ECU. Can someone direct me to the correct forum/thread that addresses this? My car: 73 1.7, thanks in advance!

No newer updated version. You're stuck buying used or rebuilt, or sending yours off to be rebuilt. Although last I heard, people weren't having much luck from at least one of the companies that used to rebuild them. I'd recommend posting a WTB ad here in the classifieds and then maybe ebay- would probably be a lot cheaper than buying a rebuilt unit from those who sell them.
914Sixer
Check with Jeff Bowlsby for rebuild or testing
dr914@autoatlanta.com
funny thing is, that if a modern ECU was made it would be probably a one inch by one inch unit with a harness coming out of it to plut into the massive control unit harness plug. Someone could easliy make one like Dave Sprinkle, but the real reason for doing it would be to better manage the injection system, like a modern control unit could do
GregAmy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 22 2021, 11:08 AM) *

funny thing is, that if a modern ECU was made it would be probably a one inch by one inch unit with a harness coming out of it to plut into the massive control unit harness plug. Someone could easliy make one like Dave Sprinkle, but the real reason for doing it would be to better manage the injection system, like a modern control unit could do

You mean like putting a microsquirt ECU (about the size of a deck of cards) into a stock ECU case? Already been done.

In my situation, I decided to swap the TPS, MAP sensor, and injectors with modern versions, and remove the disty and install a crank position sensor with external coil, all using stock 2L Djet plenum, runners, air cleaner assy. Works great...

But you can probably make it work with the stock components, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.