Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IMSA 997 Cup & 914RS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Cracker
I don't believe I ever published this...first time on track after building the 914RS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Te6GScwxek

Road Atlanta in my SCCA P1/DSR (second outing in car - not a teener but fun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8Kidh9ZIE

Justinp71

Super cool! Man I want to build one, what trans are you running?
Cracker
Do it, Justin! It was quite rewarding to conceive and then execute a build that hadn't really been done before - quite like this - allot of bespoke machined bits on this car. You can do it in accordance to your goals as well - I encourage you to!

The trans is a G86 (early Boxster S) with a Guard LSD to my spec...once the shifter was dialed in words cannot express the level of engagement. It is a must if you're tracking for fun. A million times better than an old box of any variant...

Cracker

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Nov 23 2021, 12:36 PM) *

Super cool! Man I want to build one, what trans are you running?
Shivers
I was drooling over the shifter, wicked car. Also like the Apollo mission Gold foil in the rear. smile.gif
Cracker
Thank you...gold is good... biggrin.gif

Cracker

QUOTE(Shivers @ Nov 24 2021, 09:58 AM) *

I was drooling over the shifter, wicked car. Also like the Apollo mission Gold foil in the rear. smile.gif

914 Ranch
Nice Tony, please let me know if you are going to be running down in this area again. Georgia, Alabama or Florida.

Cracker
Will do Joe...hope you are doing well and still tinkering on your Teener.

Tony

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Dec 4 2021, 11:04 AM) *

Nice Tony, please let me know if you are going to be running down in this area again. Georgia, Alabama or Florida.

mgp4591
QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 5 2021, 04:12 PM) *

Tony

Tony, did you end up with your teener back in your garage?
Cracker
I still have her but she's not back in the garage quite yet...Merry Christmas, Mike!

Tony

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 9 2021, 12:49 AM) *

Tony

rhodyguy
The green car is the Prince? WOW!
Cracker
Yes. Awesome drive...

Cracker

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 11 2021, 09:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Shivers
QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 14 2021, 07:19 PM) *

Yes. Awesome drive...

Cracker

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 11 2021, 09:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Oh my word dude, this-well this is just awesome. I was trying to look it up, but not sure I saw the right car. From what I could gather, are you blowing by everyone else with a M/C engine? All I saw in the video was flat and fast, looks really fun.
Cracker
Um, yes. Not your average DSR M/C car... shades.gif

Cracker

QUOTE(Shivers @ Dec 16 2021, 08:43 AM) *

From what I could gather, are you blowing by everyone else with a M/C engine?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Shivers
Wow very F1, thanks Tony. Looks like something you could spend hours pouring over.
Cracker
Ha. Well, light-years away from anything modern anymore but I get your point. Yes, I have spent countless hours "pouring" over this chassis. Lots of post-purchase tricks, updates and mods...the car came equipped with paddle shifters but I found them numb and installed an "old school" bump-shifter. Exquisite (now)! beerchug.gif

Chassis has t-bars (awesome!), Penske push rod suspension, tolerances that seem immeasurable, full front and rear airfoils and diffusers and tunnels, etc. - many of which are why I decided to acquire it years ago.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 11 2021, 05:33 PM) *

I still have her but she's not back in the garage quite yet...Merry Christmas, Mike!

Tony

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 9 2021, 12:49 AM) *

Tony

That's good to hear Tony...the 914 is a thumper!
You and your family have a Merry Christmas!
rhodyguy
Old thread, new ?. The engine sitting in front of the Prince, black induction cover, is out of the dragster?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.