Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch Fuel Filter Anomaly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I am in the process of getting ready to inventory the warehouse. I found these early Bosch fuel filters 0 450 901 053. All have 914 stamped on the base below the Bosch number. No sure IF it really means anything. Just thought it was very interesting. Going to put filters up for sale in classifieds.
windforfun
Interesting. Some folks here don't recommend a filter with a plastic housing. This has never been a problem for me & my filter is in the stock position under the engine well. It looks like it should fit the mounting bracket rather nicely. I'll buy one. Good luck with the inventory. It can be a challenge.
Arno914
The VW number for this filter is 311 133 511 D according to the 914 parts catalogue.
The stamped date code on your filter (652-0) indicates "December 86". Does that make sense?

New plastic filters that are offered for the 914 often have the connection nipples for the fuel hoses "reversed" and only fit in the "wrong" direction of flow. Maybe that is why Bosch marked these ones with "914"?

Love to dig in those numbers... smile.gif

Arno
Dave_Darling
There have been at least two versions of this filter.

One had 7mm inlet and outlet; the other had a 9mm inlet and 7mm outlet. They were sometimes called the "big-little" and "little-little".

Were there others made with 7mm inlets and 9mm outlets? Those could come in handy with relocated fuel pumps.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.