Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP Experts Needed Please, is the the right piece of glass?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barnfind9141972
Hi everyone, I have a 1972 914 built in 11/71 (not sure if that makes a difference early vs late) and the drivers side window had been broken and a “replacement” purchased by my mother in law’s ex husband. Never put in, the broken glass never even cleaned out of the door. The car is a one family owned car and very original although rough, is this the correct piece of glass for this car? Thanks to anyone who can help!
barnfind9141972
At the bottom corner
Mikey914
It's not the right piece for the 914. The tempering bug is your 1st clue. I'm assuming you have the original winder. If so you need one with a metal clip on the front with 4 pins that hold rollers.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 22 2021, 10:55 PM) *

It's not the right piece for the 914. The tempering bug is your 1st clue. I'm assuming you have the original winder. If so you need one with a metal clip on the front with 4 pins that hold rollers.

@mikey914 gotcha so the glass isn’t 914 at all?
Mikey914
Looks like Chrysler / Dodge .Shouldn't have 3 holes in it either. Will look a lot like the pic in the diagram. The metal track on the front should have 4 pins for the rollers.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 22 2021, 11:34 PM) *

Looks like Chrysler / Dodge .Shouldn't have 3 holes in it either.

@mikey914 that was my fear, he had a thing for Mopar’s so I was thinking he just threw a random piece of glass he had laying around. Thank you Mark for your help, the search begins for one
Mikey914
Try classifieds, should be able to to get one easy enough. If you need the rollers or any of the other little bit hit me up.
Mark
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 22 2021, 11:39 PM) *

Try classifieds, should be able to to get one easy enough. If you need the rollers or any of the other little bit hit me up.
Mark

@mikey914 thank you Mark, appreciate all the help lately and most definitely will if I do. I’ll try Bruce Stone first and see if he has one laying around
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.